Decline and desolation, or to what brought the apartment mother-in-law daughter-in-law

No matter what anyone says, family disputes are an integral part of solving the housing issue. Especially when children start having their own families.

Few people will argue that modern youth was brought up in more favorable conditions than their parents, and used to get what they wanted at all costs. Perhaps that is why young people react too violently to the refusal, for example, as in the story of our current narrator Seraphim Nikitichna.

Not so long ago in the life of my family there was a big event. My oldest son got married and told me that I would soon be a grandmother. To say that there was no limit to my joy is to say nothing!

On the eve of this event, I completed the arrangement and repair of the apartment, which I inherited from my parents. Before he got married, he and his younger daughter lived in my apartment. I planned to rent out my parents’ school to save money to pay for my daughter’s university studies. At that time, she was just finishing school and choosing the university she wanted to go to.

But it didn't happen as planned. The daughter safely entered the budget, and the son persuaded him to let him and his daughter-in-law live in my parents’ apartment until the daughter-in-law gives birth. Like, during this time, they just can save up money and take a mortgage on their own housing. There were no other options but to agree, because it was about the well-being of my long-awaited grandson.

A year later it turned out that the daughter-in-law gave birth to a child from another man. It was a real blow to my son. He could not accept the betrayal of his wife, as she did not repent. So soon they divorced, and my son started living with me and my sister again. After all this happened, the parents' apartment was vacant again. So now I could implement my plan for renting out.

Before renting out housing, it was, of course, necessary to clean up. When I came to my parents’ house, I was overwhelmed. There was such devastation that it was not my son who lived there, but a whole horde of stray dogs. There is no trace of the repairs I have been working on for so long.

That day, I did not restrain my emotions and expressed to my son all the complaints about the state of the housing in which he and his former daughter-in-law left the apartment. He did not admit his guilt, but only offended and said that he was not going to live with me or ask for anything. A week later he moved into a rented accommodation and since then we have only seen each other a few times in 3 years.

During this time, the youngest daughter graduated from university and married. Like my son, my daughter asked me to stay in my parents’ apartment for a while, but this time I refused. Let him resent me, but I will not repeat past mistakes. I put too much energy and nerve into this house.

Tags

See also

New and interesting