How to build a relationship with your mother-in-law

Wedding is not only the fusion of two souls, but also the union of two completely alien families. And not always representatives of both families welcome new relatives, so large and small conflicts can not be avoided.

It's always hard to line up. mother-in-law. And although there is a saying that after marriage, an intelligent mother-in-law acquires a daughter, and a stupid one loses a son, but the situations are different. And our story today, told by one of the subscribers, serves as confirmation of that.

I often have to read stories about poor daughters-in-law who suffer under the yoke of their mother-in-law. It is surprising that in every such story there is always a place for complaints: then the mother-in-law interferes in the affairs of the young, then forces the busy poor husband to help, or else (generally horror!) comes to visit.

“But why are all these modest daughter-in-laws so sure that they are guaranteed to be treated with trepidation when they go to someone else’s house?” Why are you sure they have to blow the dust? Have they not been taught that one cannot climb into another's monastery with one's charter? And they do. And they try to bend under their husband and his whole family.”

“And if you come to your spouse’s house, do not confuse it with your stepfather’s house, where they looked into your mouth. Here your mother-in-law raised and nurtured her child, whom you are now trying to turn against her. So if you can't get along with your husband's mother, then go to a rented apartment!

“And if you have two circumstances, or you’re expecting a baby, or you’re saving up for a down payment on a mortgage, or you’re doing repairs, just thank them for taking you in and don’t go out.”

“Who ever thought that the mother-in-law owed the newlyweds anything? Why does she have to give up the living space or even give someone gifts? Why should she withdraw from her son’s life and keep her mouth shut? So as not to offend such an amazing person as a new daughter-in-law?

“My son chose just such a poor man as his wife. He will not say hello, but he will ask for something. And I immediately said that if he decides to live with this lady, he will not see the inheritance - I would rather write everything on my nephew than leave this hoodlum.

I remember a couple of days before the wedding, so she came to me with her laptop and let’s poke my apartment in the face. I laughed to tears. I even went to look in the mirror to see if I had a “fool” on my forehead.

“Her mother is no better either. Right at the wedding, she sat down with me and said, they say, you need to change the apartment for you to buy a separate apartment for the children, and if you do not have enough money for one, then you will live in the country... After a flood of foul language against her, I was kicked out of the wedding. They were offended, probably, that the cheeky mother-in-law does not want to live in someone else’s cottage.

“After the wedding they ran to my mother to complain. Immediately came with a notary, so that the grandmother issued a power of attorney to the bride-in-law for the disposal of her apartment. And after the refusal, they also demanded the services of a notary to pay. Well, my mother took them out too.""

“The last time a daughter-in-law visited a pregnant woman. Shaking her belly, demanding registration for herself and the child. After the refusal, I was offended and threatened that I would not see my grandson until the registration was completed. I don't know who's worse off than me.

“Now she gave birth, my grandson is not allowed to see, and money is demanded for gifts. I decided not to. If I am a viper-in-law, so be it. I'm not going to get out of the picture, or they're going to get on their neck again. That year was enough for me under the same roof.”

“It is strange that we did not go to the dump for handouts. But this lady God that for the sake of her beloved daughter, the last one is ready to give. Why wouldn't she give up her apartment for her grandson? Or is the property taken only from an evil mother-in-law? ?

“Now the daughter-in-law with her baby is huddled in a rented apartment, and I, her, mother-in-law, luxury in a separate trench. Why, do I have to give up my place? Or take your mother to you, and give one of the apartments to the newlyweds? Or is it better to rewrite everything not on the son, grandson or nephew, but immediately on the daughter-in-law? Or is it my fault I didn't bend over my son's woman?

The relationship between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law - two women who love the same man - is not always simple. They say that between these women immediately there is either sympathy or hostility, which can no longer be changed. Is that true? And is our hero right in his beliefs?

Tags

See also

New and interesting