Once I went to visit my son, but they met me without much joy, then I got angry and left, but in the evening my daughter-in-law called.

For any mother-in-law, these are important. daughter-in-lawAs hard work, a good attitude to her husband, the ability to negotiate. In general, it is obvious that a daughter-in-law must be a good wife, otherwise why do you have to start a relationship at all? Let the husband think with his heart, the mother-in-law has a cold calculation. And here the situation is largely dependent on how much the mother interferes in the life of his son: not very often or on her word much depends?

How many marriages have been destroyed, how many wives have left their husbands because of their intrusive mother-in-law? Statistics say enough is enough. Yes, mother-in-law in this regard also know something, but in our case, the conversation is not about them. Talking about the daughter-in-law and her mother-in-law.

The wife of Sergei, my son, is a rather peculiar girl. I cannot say that we have a bad relationship, but I cannot say the opposite either. Rather, they're neutral. Personally, as a mother of an only son, I honestly did not like it. You see, I don't have anyone else besides Sergey. And it seems to me that the person living with him now could somehow take that into account. Why can’t we be open to each other if we’re related?

First of all, I will say that the apartment in which my son and wife live was bought exclusively with my money. The thing is, I used to go abroad to work. For these funds, housing for his son was purchased. But don’t think I have any complaints about him. By and large, I'm even happy. After all, I went with this purpose - to simplify life. So that he does not pay for rented housing and that his marriage does not depend on it.

Now I'm thinking about going back for a couple of years. Getting paid for repairs or something. I want to save a little more money, while my health and age allow. But at the same time, I would like to spend some time with my son. Because I didn't spend much of his youth with him. I didn’t even see how he grew up, what kind of people surrounded him, what kind of friends he had. After my arrival, he began to live in a new, purchased apartment. Separately. And then, 2 years later, married. So my wish, I think, can be understood.

Most mother-in-laws will understand. Sometimes you just want to visit your child. It doesn't matter how old he is. So I can go shopping, then cook something delicious, homemade. And bring him. Of course, not to him alone, not to his daughter-in-law, but I think you understand me. Let's be honest, I don't think modern girls like to cook. Maximum - some kind of salad, or else order something ready on the Internet. I'll make some good soup. Stew, bake meat. That's different.

But no, Sveta flatly does not want me to visit. For 15 minutes, she can still smile and pretend that everything is fine. But then I clearly start to see how nervous she is and can even shake her sometimes! I pretend I don’t see it all, but... Really, really. From an ordinary, calm girl, the daughter-in-law turns into a lump of anxiety. So the best I can do is pass the hot stuff on to their family, ask them if they're okay and go get their shoes. I don't know, but that's what we did, just imagine.

Sergey doesn’t like to talk about it, we meet in cafes from time to time. I can talk to him “normally” now. Not a home environment, but still. And he doesn’t like to go to me at all, says that he travels far away and in general, everyone knows him there, and he is tired of it. So I don’t seem to be needed on all sides. Like many children, he thinks he is too old. And for our communication and for my cooking. A daughter-in-law is like a grown-up girl. What am I supposed to do?

A couple of days ago, I visited my son again. Nothing special, I just had a problem myself: the lights in two rooms were gone. Of course, you could just call the master. However, I decided that this is a good reason to talk to Sergey and his wife. Not long, of course, but it will be possible to once again see your beloved child. Unfortunately, my son did not want to go with me, he said that they had business and he could come only the next day.

It all made me a little angry, so I threw a heated phrase, saying, “If I’m so unnecessary to all of you, then you say so.” I'll leave, make money, and we won't talk to you at all. And everyone will be better off.”” For the first time in my life, I saw an interest in my daughter-in-law. Before that, she just sat on the couch with her phone in her hands and detachedly pretended that she cared about my breakdown. Now she was the attention itself.

I mean, she didn't actually interrupt me or her son. But her appearance spoke for her. I fought a little more and went home angry. What was waiting for me? TV, a little snack and lying on the couch in the dark. What other options does a single woman have? But I was wrong. My daughter-in-law called me tonight. I knew her number, it was recorded, although we had never spoken on the phone before. Only in the presence of my son, that's all.

My son’s wife spoke quietly, as I understood, Seryozha was already asleep and could not hear her. She said hello, as if we hadn’t seen each other the same day, said that she was very sad that my son and I had an argument and acted as if it wasn’t because of her that Sergey and I had an argument. And then, a few minutes later, she started asking me carefully about the trip. When I want to go, how long? I understand that she was seriously interested in this question. But why? Did I get so fed up that it was only the day before I left that my daughter-in-law decided to talk to me? I haven't planned anything yet!

Or maybe she's hoping that I'll send it back to him and my son? Well, it seems strange, too. They are adults, there is housing, there is work. It is logical that I have no sense or desire to contain them. So what is it? Turns out she didn't mind leaving, even with me. My question is, what about my son, what about their marriage? The answer was shocking to me. They need money and a fairly large amount. The thing is, my son and his wife can't have a baby in the traditional way. It's all about her female health.

You need to do some surgery, and it costs a lot of money. Here we go. And, as I realized for myself later, against this background, the daughter-in-law’s nerves were very loose, so she never wanted to see anyone for a long time except her husband. I never asked them about their grandchildren, it was too personal for me. We talked and I kind of heard her voice at the end getting a little softer than usual. That for me it was just wonderful news.

Peels No! The question remains: should I travel with my daughter-in-law to another country? First of all, I don’t think we’re going to get together. It is one thing to see a person once every few weeks and then for 10-15 minutes. It’s different when you’re working together. And for that reason. Loan, as I understand, they do not want to take. A son is not a millionaire just to get the money out of his pocket. That's the dilemma. And what to do with it, I don't know. I don't know anything about her!

Tags

See also

New and interesting