The fact that I had a grandson, I learned only a week later, and when I came to visit with a gift, the daughter-in-law was waiting on the doorstep.

Usually grandparents don't think about it. What to give for the birth of a grandson. First of all, young parents need financial support. Everyone knows that keeping a child is not a cheap pleasure. Especially at first, when you need to enter a new regime, both morally and physically.

Anna Stepanovna became a grandmother recently. She didn’t mind giving her grandson the money. However, the woman did not suspect that this would cause a quarrel with her daughter-in-law. What happened and whether the family was able to resolve the conflict, read further in the article.

What to give for the birth of my grandson The chosen one of my son I never liked. But that's his choice, and I didn't impose my point of view on him. When he decided to get married, I put all my savings into the wedding. It was a great holiday. Only immediately after it began problems.

My daughter-in-law wanted me to change my 3-room apartment and give some of the money to my son for my own housing. This option did not suit me at all. First of all, I don't want to move anywhere. Secondly, I have another daughter. She is not married, but lives separately and pays off her mortgage. My daughter has never claimed my home. But it would be fair for the kids to share the apartment equally when I'm gone.

In the midst of all this, my sister and I had a fight. She called me selfish, saying that I do not want to help my son. But I can't do that all my life! He is no longer a small boy, he must provide for his family and think about the future. We barely talked after that fight. His daughter-in-law seemed to forbid him to do so.

And then he called and said, "You're going to be a grandmother, Mom!" I immediately melted, thought that now we can fix our relationship. I came to visit my family, bought a cake, wanted the best. But the daughter-in-law got her shag again. You see, give her your apartment.

I left and we stopped communicating again. I wasn't even called out of the hospital. I didn’t find out until a week later when my son called. And then his wife broke into the conversation. Tonya told me not to even think about the gift and carry the money. I also knew that the birth of a grandson needs something significant. I collected everything I had every penny. And she did.

But the daughter-in-law stuck her nose in the envelope and snorted. She probably thinks I've got some secret bag of money in my house. Oh, my God! I didn't stay with the guys long. I met my grandson and went home. I have never been invited to visit since. At first, I did not impose myself, but the young people still need to get used to the fact that they became parents.

Money decides everything, and after a few months, I decided to call myself. This time I gave my grandson some clothes and diapers. Only Tonya didn't appreciate the gifts. She said again that they needed money, not rags. That's what I said! I was very sad and sad that no one appreciated my efforts.

I'm tired of the constant claims. My son stopped calling and calling me. Just recently called me to tell me that my grandson's birthday is coming up. I can (can you imagine) come to visit. Just so I don't forget the gift. And then my daughter-in-law grabbed the phone and said the exact amount I had to bring. Unbelievable! I don't have that kind of money.

I don't know what to do. I want to see my grandson and take part in his upbringing. But is it possible if I need nothing but money? I wouldn’t be surprised if in the future a daughter-in-law starts telling her son how bad his grandmother is. I'm so afraid of it!

We think that first of all Anna Stepanovna needs to talk to her son. He is clearly under the influence of his wife. It is hard to imagine what awaits their family in the future. Most likely, the woman will continue to pressure the mother-in-law. Who knows, maybe she will follow her daughter-in-law’s lead in order to maintain contact with her grandson.

What do you think of this story? Have you experienced such problems in real life? Share your experience in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting