A child's Utymsia, a queen in a quarters

Family quarrels It happens. But what matters is how close people react to these disagreements, how willing they are to seek compromise, how willing they are to make concessions. When a child grows up and creates a family, it is a joyful event. But often there are tests that test everything for strength.

Today's edition. "Site" She will share the story of a woman who was happy with her son’s wedding. She and her husband even left their apartment to the young family, and moved to the dacha themselves. However, further events made the woman wonder how right she had done.

I still can’t believe how stupid it all turned out. A week ago, my son called and said that his wife, my daughter-in-law, was going to leave her maternity leave to earn extra money. Our granddaughter is a little over a year old, so we need someone to sit with her. And his mother-in-law will sit with her, Irina, 65, resents.

“It is worth mentioning first that our son and daughter-in-law have settled in our apartment. My husband and I thought it would be better for young people at first than to go to rented apartments or move out of town. After all, a small child, so you need everything you need to be close: supermarkets, hospitals, and pharmacies. The two of us moved to the country house.

Of course, at first we offered them to live together, but the daughter-in-law flatly refused. Adult children should live separately from their parents so that the relationship does not deteriorate and quarrels do not happen. So she didn't want to live with us. How can I move my mother to my apartment?

Then my husband and I urgently renovated the country house, moved. We’ve been here for two years, we’re used to it. In general, not bad: there is running water, gas, even the Internet. There's a store, a pharmacy. You can reach the city in half an hour. Especially since we have a car.

My son and daughter-in-law came to visit us, brought my granddaughter. They had a great time in the fresh air, they loved it. And we're pretty much happy here. Many of our neighbors live here all year round. Only in late autumn and winter it is boring. But it's books and the Internet. I also knit.

Really, we're old people. Sometimes you need to go to the hospital, so you have to go to the city. Once or twice a month, we go to the children to babysit our granddaughter, and in the city we want to walk, see people. We never stayed overnight, and the daughter-in-law did not offer.

We warned our son that we would not live in the country forever. Years are taking their toll. Now we are still in order: in the garden we manage, and in the garden we work. In a couple of years we will have to move back to the city. There and health care at the level, and to live pensioners clearly more comfortable.

And now the mother of the daughter-in-law will live with the children. She was a former teacher, lived and worked in the area, and now she is moving into our apartment. Although we didn't give permission to do that. Just the son and daughter-in-law thought that it would be better if the granddaughter will look after someone familiar, because to hire an outsider they are afraid.

But my husband and I don't think our children appreciate our help. We are planning to return to our own apartment this year. Why should we huddle in the country when a completely stranger will settle in our house, who will live there cheerfully?

There seems to be no problem here. After all, Irina and her husband are still at the dacha live comfortably. Their children work to save for their own housing, and the matchmaker will babysit their granddaughter. Would it be better if the nanny was a stranger who also had to pay?

Perhaps Irina and her husband just fear that it will be more difficult for them to return their apartment when they decide to move to the city? Or do they hate their daughter-in-law’s relative and simply look for an excuse to push her away from the young family?

Tags

See also

New and interesting