The clever wife sided with her mother, and I was left without money and in upset feelings.

“We have been married for the fourth year. Ira and I signed after a year of relationship, now we are 35 years old, we have a young daughter. After the wedding, the mother-in-law offered us to live in her apartment in the city. She and her husband live out of town. The apartment is small and in poor condition. So I decided to make repairs there for my family, Vadim says. Three years later, the man’s good intentions turned against him.

When we had a daughter, my wife went on maternity leave and basically all the money went to support my girls. But I didn't stop anyway, I tried to make a little progress with the repairs. I wanted our house to be cozy, money for repairs and equipment did not spare.

I completely renovated the bathroom, the room, insulated the balcony, pasted the wallpaper and bed the laminate. Of course, I bought a refrigerator, stove and washing machine on credit. Immediately after I finished repairing the apartment, my mother-in-law showed up. She said she wanted her youngest son to live in her apartment. He lived with his mother out of town.

Now he is 20, he rented housing in the city and studied. And now the mother-in-law wanted him to live here and not spend money on rent. Mother-in-law, a kind woman, offered an alternative. She said if we like living here, we could give her son money to get a mortgage.

Of course, I didn’t have that kind of money. And if we did, we probably wouldn’t be living in a mother-in-law’s apartment. After a long argument, my wife and child had to rent a house. The most annoying thing is that the wife sided with the mother, who kicked her daughter and child out on rented housing. Ira says my parents could give her brother a mortgage, but why would they spend their savings? ?

In the end, I asked for the money back for the renovation of the apartment. Ani's mom returned some of the equipment and gave the money to her daughter, not me. Now Ira and I have a conflict on this ground. She thinks I married her for the apartment. And that's not at all true. In general, now she is with her parents with a child, and I have no idea what to do.

Unfortunately, the housing issue often becomes a big problem on the way to family happiness. Perhaps Vadim should borrow money for a mortgage from his parents and get his own housing. A quiet, trusting conversation with your wife can lead to a common denominator. If people really love each other, they will find a way out. What would you do in Vadim's place?

Tags

See also

New and interesting