I'm expecting my first child, so my mom decided to move in with my dad.

After the birth of the first child, as a rule, the family comes not only more love, joy and tenderness, but also difficulties and problems. Moreover, the latter are often associated not with a newborn, but with relatives who in new circumstances only complicate life. Even if you originally wanted to help. Today's edition. "Site" I will share a story that illustrates this fairly common scenario. We invite you to get acquainted, and in the comments to express your opinion about the difficult situation of our reader.

After the birth of my first child, I didn’t sleep at all last night. The situation that has developed in my life does not give rest. I don’t know how to get out of it properly. I found out about my pregnancy 8 months ago. After the wedding, I moved to another city with my husband. I have good relations with my parents, but we rarely see each other, because they take a long time to get to us (about 7 hours by car). They are already retired, people are old, so the road is very difficult for them.

© Istockphoto But we still find the opportunity to see each other at least once a month. The last time they came, my mom and I had such a sincere conversation in the kitchen. She told me how hard it was for her when I was born and she had to sit with me all day. Sometimes she didn’t know what to do and felt confused. No one helped her because her parents had long been gone. When I heard about it, I asked my mom for a while. come in with her husband when the baby is born. I will definitely need help because this will be my first child and I don’t know what’s going on.

My mother was only happy with my offer. I agreed and said, Of course, my dad and I will come to you. Maybe even rent out our apartment. for a year in rent, as long as we live with you. We will also help with money.” I was even confused by those words. I didn't invite my dad, just my mom. And certainly not for a year.

Of course, I love my father very much, but my husband and I have a two-bedroom apartment. When parents come to visit, we are not comfortable. Besides, there's one room we have. I also know that my dad usually can’t sleep and watches TV. What happens when the baby is born?

Yeah, my dad's a housekeeper. If necessary, he will go to the store late at night and fix the shelf. But I have a husband who can do that too. And the father quickly gets bored with us, and he then asks to turn on the TV, then his wife persuades him to go sit with him in the garage in the evening.

I I don't want to babysit And also with my dad, having a baby in his arms! I want to give all my time to my baby because I have been waiting for this moment to become a mother for a long time. Moreover, my husband mostly works remotely from home, so it is easy for him to help me with household chores.

I wanted only a mother who knows how to swaddle, bathe and lull a baby. Here's the news! Of course, I told my mom right away that I needed it. only her help. And only for the first time. She was angry and said she would not come alone. Now I regret doing that. I don't know if it was right or not. Perhaps I should agree with my mother? How my parents lived for a year, I can’t imagine.

And do you think the right decision was made by the heroine of our article? They bravely shared their thoughts with us in the comments. We, in turn, believe that helping when asked is essential. However, do not violate the personal boundaries of another person, especially the whole family. Good luck!

Tags

See also

New and interesting