The daughter-in-law looked at the apartment we offered them and said she didn't want to live there, only now I understood the reason.

It is generally assumed that household It is created primarily on a moral or spiritual level. Through understanding people, forming strong relationships and so on. People who have lived long enough in marriage consider this opinion to be nothing more than a fairy tale, the sweet embellishment of an unpleasant truth is essentially a lie.

After all, in practice, the comfort in the family is nothing more than an ordinary, banal and boring household. No matter how people love each other, no matter what pleasant words they say to each other, cramped or dirty housing will spoil all positive attitudes. The child needs a place to study, the wife needs space for a normal existence (especially if she is a housewife), and the husband is not very pleasant to live in some kennel.

That's why I couldn't immediately understand why my son didn't want to live with his fiancée in one of our apartments. But then everything fell into place. I want to tell you about my situation and share my thoughts on this. By the way, my name is Lidia Ivanovna, I am 63 years old, I am a mother of three children.

Like I said, my youngest son has finally decided to get married. With the future daughter-in-law I had time to meet, but knew her so far very superficially. However, my father and I immediately suggested that the couple move into a separate apartment. After all, we know very well what a problem it is to live alone with parents. And renting someone else's apartment can be saved.

Peels Everything went well at first. Just before she and her daughter-in-law went to the bait. We just gave them the key, we decided not to go. Let the two of you guys talk. When my father and I arrived, my son said that they did not want to live in that apartment. And there were several reasons for that.

First of all, they didn’t like the neighborhood and the fact that the apartment was one-bedroom. My daughter-in-law told me that it would be unusual for her to live in a room with someone else. You need more space to be alone sometimes. Of course, the apartment was not new. She needed cosmetic repairs or at least furniture renovations.

Peels Son, as it is inherent in Aries, immediately decided to look for an apartment on the announcement. This is despite the fact that they have a wedding on the nose, and the extra money from a young couple never happens. When will they earn it? But I did not say anything and decided to discuss this situation with future svats.

Only then, talking on the phone, I began to understand why my daughter-in-law has such an interesting character. After a little introduction, I got down to business and started lamenting that the young people didn't like my and my husband's apartment. To which the matchmaker calmly replied to me that they themselves would not want such a situation. Because, as he put it, we'll lock their daughter in a cage. And, as he continued, not gold at all.

Peels It is understood that the money for repairs will be shared among everyone. It’s like a symbolic payment for housing. Otherwise, there would be no repairs. Or do I have to pay for repairs out of my pocket so that their daughters can live comfortably in my own apartment?

Then he picked up the phone and continued the topic. She said it would be nice for my husband and I to sign up for our son. Otherwise, children will always have the impression that they do not live at home, but rent an apartment with their mother-in-law. To which I replied that such thoughts simply did not come from anywhere, since I immediately said that the only key to the door would give them, and I did not make a spare. Without a call, I wouldn’t go to them.

In short, the conversation didn't work out, and in fact, we never found out. But at least they said goodbye without any offense. Well-bred people. I told my husband how our matchmakers reasoned, what he expressed his own point of view. The thing is, he said, if we rewrite the apartment for our son, sooner or later the daughter-in-law will demand to sell it. Living in a room with a child is not an option.

Accordingly, the purchased new living space will be considered a family purchase, even if all will pay for the son (or me and my husband). Therefore, after a possible divorce, half of all “collectively acquired” will go directly to the daughter-in-law. That's the way it is. Courts everywhere stand on the side of a woman, especially if she has a child.

I thought about his words for a while, but I don’t want to take them seriously right now. The guys haven't married yet, and we're starting to think about some of these almost fraudulent schemes? No way. Let the son live his mind. If he wants to rent an apartment on his own, let him remove it, the adult is already.

Peels is the only thing that worries me. We never talked to the matchmakers about paying for the wedding. How do we divide the check? Half or some other formula? Oh, I don't know. If they have such strange requests for a daughter's apartment, I'm afraid the wedding will be very, very difficult. I don’t want to call them again, even though there is less time.

Tags

See also

New and interesting