Floating mother-in-law bought herself a three-bedroom apartment, not thinking at all about the situation we have.

Children often feel that their parents owe them something. And even in adulthood, it hurts when parents choose themselves and their interests instead of helping them. It is in this situation that the heroine of our history found herself. She can't accept the fact that her husband's mother spent the money buying an apartment for herself, not for them.

The editorial board tells you the story and asks you to judge whether your mother-in-law is wrong in this situation.

My mother-in-law thinks only of herself. Or you could buy it. Best software for remote control of computers. And I'm not saying that because she's my mother-in-law and we didn't have a good relationship. I may be wrong about something, but I think you can understand me when I tell the whole story.

My husband and I have been married for 15 years. When we got married, they started living in my two-bedroom apartment, which was inherited from my grandfather. We raised two daughters in the same apartment. At first we had enough space, but the girls are growing up and need space. We recently made a repair, but there was no more room for it. At the same time, my mother-in-law is buying a three-bedroom apartment in the center!

Margarita Lvovna left for work immediately after our wedding. Then her mother, her husband’s grandmother, fell ill and fell asleep. And my mother-in-law left my grandmother on us. Then she promised she'd help. And if it's a good fit, then even the apartment will buy us later. Just tearfully asked me to look after my grandmother. She was with us until the very end.

But having plunged into a good life, Margarita Lvovna quickly forgot about her promises. The money was sent only for holidays. And there's some ridiculous amounts. I didn’t attend my grandmother’s funeral or the birth of my granddaughters. I grumbled at first, but then I decided that since she was so happy, let her live there. After 15 years, she decided to go home.

My mother-in-law bought a three-bedroom apartment in the center. But the apartment was in a new building, so it needed repairs. She didn’t have enough money to do that, so she sold her old apartment. She arranged everything there according to the latest trends and invited us to a housewarming party. It pissed me off! How can you spend so much money on a useless thrash in the center when her granddaughters are not provided with housing?

But when we came to the housewarming, we realized what it was all about. It turns out that Margarita Lvovna is going to get married. She met a man almost 10 years younger than her, and he called her back. So she decided to build a family nest. My husband and I looked at it all and wondered. She had the money to buy an apartment, but there was nothing for our daughters.

We realized that the mother-in-law thinks only about herself and the future of her granddaughters does not care at all. If so, we don't care about her future either. Now she has no grandchildren and the girls have no grandmother. We lived without it for 15 years, we will live the same. Am I right?

We agree that perhaps the mother-in-law acted a little recklessly, spending so much money on an apartment. Of course, for two people who do not plan to have children, you could choose a more compact option. But on the other hand, the woman worked 15 years abroad to save the money. Does she not have the right to take care of herself and her future? What do you say about that?

Tags

See also

New and interesting