Rabbit "Herring under a fur coat" does not quote, than I replace the tired salad

When I was a kid, I loved "Herring Under a Coat." But over time, as usual, I got tired of this salad. Holidays ahead, and I wanted to diversify the holiday menu. In such cases, I go to the page of Olga Matvey. This culinary wizard always finds a way to surprise me. This time, she showed me how to cook the incredible. potato-saladYou can easily replace the “coat” on the table.

Fish salad with potatoes Fish salad with potatoes "Louise" performed by Olga Matvey really looks very elegant. For its preparation, she used the usual products that perfectly combine with each other. These are herring, potatoes, eggs and processed cheese. I liked the combination of two types of onions: onions and green. It adds freshness to the snack.

Since the salad is multi-layered, you can easily remove any of the components or replace it with another product. Don't be afraid to experiment!

The ingredients
  • 2 pcs herring fillet
  • 5 eggs
  • 3 potatoes
  • 1 bulb
  • 100g pickles
  • 50g green onion
  • 150g melted cheese
  • 2 tsp 9% vinegar
  • 3 tsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp water
  • mayonnaise, salt, black pepper to taste

Preparation
  1. First of all, put eggs in the sautée and send them to cook. Do the same with potatoes. Just don't clean it up. While the ingredients are cooked, clean and grind the bulb in a convenient way for you. Then transfer the onion to a small bowl, pour it with water, add vinegar and sugar. Stir everything thoroughly.

2. Boiled potatoes peel and sodium on a large grater. Prepare a large plate on which you will form a salad. It is convenient to use a detachable round shape for baking pies. Just put it on a plate and put the ingredients in layers right into it.
  3. The first layer is potatoes. She generously covered the bottom of the plate, salty and peppery to taste. Then lavish the potatoes with mayonnaise. The following layers can be lubricated much less to taste. Pour the water off the bow and squeeze it a little. Put the onions in the second layer on the potatoes. 706350

4. Then cut the herring cube. You don't have to cut too small. It’s nice to feel the fish in the salad. Put it on a layer of onions. Next, peel the eggs, separate the protein from the yolk. Rub the squirrel on a fine grater and lay it on the herring. Grease it with mayonnaise, salty and peppery to taste.
  5. The next layer is green onions. Cut it and put it on the squirrel. Then rub on a fine grater melted cheese and pickles. Mix these ingredients, add some spices and mayonnaise. Then put the resulting mixture in the next layer on the onion.
  6. The last layer lay the grated on a small grater yolk. If you wish, you can decorate the salad with greens. Done!

YouTube

Fish salad with potatoes: editorial advice Ideally, a salad should be brewed for at least 3-4 hours. If you are going to cook it on a holiday, it is best to do it in the morning. Or cook a snack before bed and send it to the refrigerator. The main thing is to use a food film so that the salad does not become weathered.

You can easily replace herring with other fish, such as sardines or pink salmon. But then this salad will look more like the classic Mimosa than the Herring Under the Coat.

If you want to cook something with red fish, we have a decent recipe for you. My colleague Nikolai Laduba showed me how to make a simple but exquisite salad with canned salmon and rice. Look for "Turntail" at the link.

And if you have your own recipe for fish salad, feel free to share it in the comments. There aren't many holiday snacks!

Tags

See also

New and interesting