Mother's testament, which turned out to be a dummy

“I still can’t believe that my husband’s mother’s will turned out to be an empty one!” When it comes to someone else’s apartment, expectation and reality very often do not coincide. You hope for one thing, and you end up with something completely different. But is it deserved? Today we invite you to answer this question by reading a story from the life of Lyudmila.

After the wedding, my husband and I almost immediately bought a 1-bedroom apartment. Soon we had our first child, and 3 years later I gave birth to twins. Of course, it was almost impossible to live five in one.

My mother-in-law saw how difficult it was for us and offered to change houses. At the time, she was living alone in a 3-bedroom apartment and was not at all against giving it to us. According to the documents, they decided not to change anything, so as not to get into paperwork again. It has been a little over 11 long years.

During this time, another daughter appeared in our family. We had enough space, but I wanted a bigger apartment. But my mother-in-law told us why we need a new home, if we already have our own big trench.

A few years ago, my mother-in-law found out that she had an incurable disease. No one knew exactly how long she had to live. But now she needed constant care. My husband’s mother knew she could leave at any time. So I immediately made a will, which stated that her apartment will get us.

The husband helped the mother, but more often it was financial assistance. And he gave money for drugs, and at the sanatorium. The mother-in-law only had a son and her niece. When she found out about the disease, she began to come to her mother-in-law more often, stayed at her house for the night. Then she bought her a blender and other household appliances for some reason.

But most of all we were surprised when we learned that Olya brought a puppy into the house. She explained that Albina had always dreamed of a dog. Like, when if not now? My husband was glad that someone was looking after his mother, but he didn’t always understand her niece’s actions.

After a whole year of progressive illness, my mother-in-law left us. The husband took on absolutely all the expenses that appeared, he could not recover for a long time. And after only a month we learned that in the will of the mother-in-law about us not a word. She left her 3-room apartment to her niece.

Imagine how shocked our family was! Of course, we have appealed, but there is a suspicion that this will not work. The niece has every reason to legally get an apartment and win the case.

I don't know what to do now. There are six of us, how do we fit in one? I've forgotten what it's like to live in such a small apartment, especially when you have so many children. I don’t understand why my mother-in-law did this to her son and grandchildren. We spent so much money on it and gave so much effort. What's the result? I still can't believe my husband's mother's will turned out to be nothing!

It seems to us that this outcome of events is quite logical and logical. Obviously, the terminally ill woman needed careful care and care. Her son did not give it to her, thinking that only material assistance would be enough. But the niece, on the contrary, took care of the aunt until the last. We will never know her true motives. However, this does not change the fact that the woman could rely on her.

Perhaps the main problem is that the mother-in-law did not warn her loved ones that she had changed her mind. Perhaps she was afraid of pressure from her son and daughter-in-law. Judging by Lyudmila’s demanding temper, this could have happened.

Whose side are you on? Do you think your mother-in-law should have left her apartment to her son and his family? Boldly share your opinion in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting