My mother-in-law was waiting for me on the threshold of the hospital, I did not have time to figure out anything, as she already reached for a package with a baby.

Mother-in-law and son's family rarely coexist in boredom and idleness. A husband’s mother doesn’t want to share her child with another woman. And their amazing communication becomes a source of vivid stories for "Site". Conflicts between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law can break out even on the basis of sincere love and care. Whose side is the truth in this situation?

My mother-in-law and my son’s family I will say in spirit: I have always treated my mother-in-law with great piety. She's a tough lady, and I'm not done with a finger. We used to have a few bites and let some steam out. But we will reconcile without leaving the place. I am afraid that the last quarrel was the final one in our warm relations.

Irina Olegovna is a businesswoman. She rarely visits, as she spends almost all her time on concluding contracts for the supply of certain products, signing business contracts. My mother-in-law spends the lion’s share of his time on business trips. Of course, she does not have enough time for rest and family dinners.

The news of the birth of her grandson caught up with her 3 thousand kilometers from her home. Irina Olegovna decided to give us a surprise. Without warning anyone, she interrupted her business trip and flew to us on the next flight right on the day of discharge. This brilliant plan, alas, did not work as she planned.

My mother-in-law met me and my husband right at the door of the hospital. And I was lost in ambivalent experiences. Of course, the act of the mother of the spouse was in all respects pleasant. But at the same time, my heart shrank with anxiety. In the country where she has been working for the past month, a new epidemic has erupted.

I did not have time to utter a word, and Irina Olegovna already rushed to me with arms and greedily pulled her hands to the package with the baby. As my thoughts gathered together, I only managed to exclaim, “Please be careful!” It was critical to me whether she washed her hands. But I never asked the question.

My mother-in-law did not notice my confusion and assured me that she knew how to deal with children. When she tried to take the baby, I said, "No need to." Not now.

Irina Olegovna looked at me with resentment and surprise: “What are you, Len?” Don’t you trust your grandmother?

I tried to justify myself: “That’s not the point. You know how little you can have. You're just from the plane, aren't you? I saw on the news that there was an epidemic where you came from. Suddenly you brought something with you.

Offended mother-in-law I stuttered in the middle of a word. I physically felt the earth open between us. I turned my eyes from my mother-in-law to my husband. He blushed to the roots of his hair and looked at me fiercely and condemningly. He was ashamed of me in front of his mother.

“Irina Olegovna, please do not be offended. I'm not afraid for myself, I say. But I see my mother-in-law's face turn into an impenetrable mask, and she takes a step back.

The kid felt like a fight. Woke up and whimpered. I wanted to smooth the situation and with a confused smile handed the child to my husband. But he just furiously spit out: “Fuck you!” You're crazy! And he rushed to the car, paying no attention to me or his crying son.

It was like a bag of dust on my head. I stood there for a few minutes, not believing what was happening. I think I even stopped breathing. I don’t want anyone to know what to do next. A little later I calmed the child down and still got in the car. My mother-in-law sat in the front seat. She asked me to take her home. When I got out of the car, I said goodbye to my son.

Mother-in-law and family of the son: what to do with guilt Now our karapuzik went fourth month. The baby is growing up for everyone's joy. But my female instinct tells me that my husband never forgave me a rude conversation with my mother. Although he tries not to show it. My mother-in-law has never been home since. It is limited to rare and short phone conversations with your son.

Guilt eats me up. I was the main reason my mother-in-law and my son's family couldn't be reunited. My directness ruined a good attitude. But this woman is almost twice as old as me, and rushed to the baby without checking. What kind of viruses she could bring with her!

But most of all, I was disappointed by my husband’s reaction. It's our baby together. My husband was also aware of the risks.

I don't know how to fix this. Was it worth it?

Tags

See also

New and interesting