That's what you're doing.

Mother-in-law-in-law relationshipPerhaps one of the brightest pages in family life. Someone has to go through all the circles of hell to fix them. And someone sincerely treats the mother of her husband as her own.

Such a sensitive topic will not remain without attention of the editorial board. "Site". Our story today will show what can be the relationship of mother-in-law and daughter-in-law. And at the end of the article you will find a list of practical advice, How to establish a relationship with the mother of your beloved husband.

Raising my only son, I always wanted a daughter in my life. Therefore, I cherished the idea that my son was getting married and his chosen one would become my native. I wanted to be a good mom and even a friend to my sister-in-law. My son actually got married and brought home his wife. But I feel like I won't last that long.

At first I tried to like Alena and make friends with her. The girl from a dysfunctional large family was the youngest. And nobody paid attention to her. Barely graduating from school, Alena immediately went to work to feed herself. That's why Alenka almost never saw life. I felt sorry for her: a thin, tenuous and confused girl needed support.

They decided not to celebrate the wedding. They sat quietly and at home, and on the money collected with their father, the young went to the sea on their honeymoon. Alenka has never seen the sea. She arrived happy and excited. Even mom started calling me. Since the guys had nowhere to live, we decided to stay and hold on to each other.

But at one point everything changed dramatically. It was very cold at home and the heating had not yet been turned on. My son asked if I had a warm nightgown for Alena. He says it's freezing. And I'm the kind of person who hates giving someone my stuff. But I gave it to my daughter-in-law, I felt sorry for Alenka. She asked her son to buy her a new one the next day. Who could have doubted that my shirt will stay with my daughter-in-law forever? This was only the first alarm bell of the upcoming difficulties.

Then came my favorite tart robe, which I wore in the evening after work. Alena began to wear it during the day as if it was her personal thing. At first, I made a gentle remark to her. She promised not to do that anymore, but she kept wearing my robe. Even when I gave her the exact same robe for her birthday, she still wore mine. Says mine is bigger, warmer and cozy. Well, I had to buy another robe for myself.

Then I began to notice that my tubes and cans of cosmetics began to decrease dramatically in volume. Alena assured me she didn't take anything. But it was obviously a lie! One day the guys came home from friends and I noticed that the daughter-in-law was made up with my makeup. I won't confuse my lipstick with anything. Alena again began to deny everything and ran to flush makeup into the bathroom.

I called the girl to me and showed the stained brushes and mess in the makeup. She said she only took her brushes. Again lies... And then everything went in: my perfume, nail polishes, even hygiene products! At the same time, I never limited Alena in anything, gave good gifts and so on. My son decided not to interfere in our women's affairs, saying that I made it up. I did not enter into an open confrontation with my daughter-in-law. But I can't take it anymore. What am I supposed to do? ?

Editorial

Such behavior can be the result of improper upbringing and childhood injuries of the daughter-in-law. Apparently, she does not use other people's things out of spite. Perhaps the girl sees in her mother-in-law the warmth and love that she was deprived of in childhood. But anyway. The relationship of mother-in-law and daughter-in-law should be based on full understanding and honesty.. Therefore, it is important to find a balance in communication and never lie. And if you want to get along with your husband's mom, have some good advice from us.

How to build a relationship with your mother-in-law
  1. Set boundaries with your mother-in-law. This is very important if you live with your husband’s mother. Calmly discuss with your mother-in-law all possible rules of living together. Try to share responsibilities around the house. For example, she cooks dinners and you cook dinners. This approach will save you time and nerves.

2. Accept your mother-in-law as she is.. Whatever her grumpy nature, you can't change it. To achieve a harmonious relationship with the mother of her husband, you need to treat her calmly. You can get out of any conflict situation without quarrels and shouts.
  3. Don't pretend to be someone you're not.. Playing the perfect wife won’t help you build a relationship with your loved one’s mother. Just be yourself and treat your mother-in-law sincerely.
  4. Don't resist your mother-in-law's life experience. Yes, she really knows how to cook a particular dish and what your husband loves. Try to listen to your mother-in-law's advice. So you can find a common language.

5. Never argue with your husband in front of his mother. Such behavior repels and leads to more conflicts. The mother-in-law will somehow be on the side of the son. As they say, do not take out the garbage from the house.

Mother-in-law-in-law relationship - It's not easy. But no matter how complex they may seem, a sincere and calm conversation will help to fix them. Never accumulate anger and resentment. Timely resolved conflict is the way to the success of any relationship between people. Do you often talk to your mother-in-law?

Tags

See also

New and interesting