The story of a woman who leaves home on Christmas Eve

Sometimes a pause in a relationship helps to achieve harmony in family life. Couples who have been living together for a long time, take a break to understand themselves and understand where to go next. However, it is not certain that this will not end in divorce. The worst thing is when the pause begins with a scandal, as in our history today.

Editorial "Site" It tells the story of how the mother-in-law becomes the cause of a conflict that destroys the usual life of the spouses. And this whole unmagic story takes place right on Christmas Eve.

I always believed that only those couples who are doomed to break up take a break in a relationship, but cannot admit it. That's what I thought exactly before this Christmas. It was on the eve of the brightest and most family holiday that my life crumbled like a house of cards. All because we called our mother-in-law. But everything in order.

My husband and I have been married 20 years. They raised two children and built a house. And in general, they lived soul to soul. He always liked the way I cooked and did the housework. I appreciated the way he took care of me. He would often help me around the house on weekends, and I would always try to make some extra money so he wouldn't drag it all alone.

This is how we lived until this winter, when we called our mother-in-law. The thing is, she lived in the country all this time. We rarely saw each other, only on holidays. She kept the farm, planted the garden, was always busy. But two years ago, he went into another world. It got harder for her alone. And in November, her husband began to lament how she would spend the winter alone.

Then I offered to take her to us for the winter. I had no idea what this was going to mean. The first few days were fine. My mother-in-law was quieter than water, friendly, caring. And then I started noticing that my husband was kind of frowning, grunting when I asked something.

A week later, I started complaining that I was cooking the same thing, that the food was not healthy, and he was old. I didn’t like it right away because it had never happened before. When I asked him over the weekend for help with cleaning, he muttered that it wasn't a man's business. I thought he was having a hard time at work, so I figured it was better not to touch him yet.

Christmas Eve Mother-in-law already felt at home, in all the housekeeping in the kitchen. My husband began to refuse my food, but happily ate what my mother-in-law was cooking. He's never complained about my cooking in 20 years. I was silent. I thought my mother wanted to take care of my son, and he let me. But one day he said that since my mother cooks now, let her have money for food. But the most interesting thing started on the holidays.

We did not celebrate the New Year at home, but with friends in a cafe. My mother-in-law went to a friend of hers. But they decided to celebrate Christmas in family, at home. I made a menu and a list of products my husband had to buy. But on January 6, when I was thinking about cooking in the morning, my mother-in-law just wouldn't let me in the kitchen.

I told her I couldn’t cook, so she would do it. How come I've been cooking for 20 years and I've lost track of it? That won't work. But the husband stood up for his mother again. He also accused me that his mother had to cook, and I was unhappy. Said, I didn't know I'd been married to a woman like that all these years.

At that moment I realized that all this time my mother-in-law was talking to me behind my back. The only question is why he listened to these conversations. Then I realized that, it turns out, I was married to a person I didn’t really know. I packed my essentials, got dressed and went to my mother’s.

My husband told me we had a break in the relationship. I always thought it was only for people who have broken up their families and they wouldn't admit it. Now I'm one of them. If his mother-in-law's words about me can change his mind, even after 20 years of marriage, is this marriage worth a penny?

The editorial opinion is worth saying, the situation is not pleasant. It's sad when one man's evil thoughts can ruin a marriage that lasted 20 years. On the other hand, isn’t this a moment of enlightenment? Perhaps this relationship has long been deadlocked, and such a shake-up just helped bring these problems to light?

You can't tell me what it's all about. The only thing that is certain is that spouses need to take a break and rethink their relationship. It's also good to be honest. The main thing is that the mother-in-law does not interfere anymore. Do you think the couple can be together again?

Tags

See also

New and interesting