When the apartment was re-registered for her husband, life irreversibly changed.

Young people in love are often in a hurry to get married. Sometimes they do not even have time to meet the relatives of the second half. But such an acquaintance is not always pleasant. What to do with a young woman who has mother-in-law Did it go wrong?

Today's edition. "Site" She will share the story of a reader who was completely confident in her chosen one, but met his family only the day before the wedding. And already at the moment of celebration I began to understand something. But the truth came out when it was too late.

“It so happened that before the wedding I did not know his family.” We lived and worked in the city, I was here, living apart from my parents. He was from the area, his relatives lived there in the village. The meeting should have happened at the wedding. And the future mother-in-law with her father-in-law and younger son arrived the day before the celebration, Sofia writes.

This couple of days. new relatives We stayed at my parents'. But the trouble began literally at the doorstep. My mother-in-law said indignantly that they had to shake for three hours on the bus to reach us. At the same time, I hinted that my parents had a car in which it was supposed to be comfortably brought and taken back.

I used to tell my mom that we sent money to my husband’s family for a taxi (it’s still not close). But when her mother asked why her relatives didn’t come by taxi, her mother-in-law clutched her lips and muttered something like, “Don’t count other people’s money.” What my son gives me, I will decide how to spend.” My parents and I just had to look at each other.

At the wedding, too, mother-in-law. nose-twisting. And she didn't like it, and that. I tried not to cross paths with her, so as not to spoil my mood on such an important day. But when my mother-in-law took the floor to make a toast, she managed to puzzle me.

“Son, you came from our wilderness, but you managed to catch on in the city, we are very proud of you. We hope you don't forget us. And we are waiting for you to bring your family to you, said his mother. And in the morning I found out that my mother-in-law and her retinue had hurriedly left for the village, taking the envelopes with cash given to us for the wedding. I didn’t even know what the amount was...

My husband apologized for a long time and promised that he would return everything. He explained that his parents sometimes play aroundThat’s why he didn’t want me to meet him for so long. I was amazed at how these people could be relatives. I was terribly in love at the time. I had no idea that my husband was not so different from his family.

Before the wedding, we were separated from our parents. We lived in a small but comfortable two-bedroom apartment that belonged to my father. At the wedding, my parents gave me ownership of the apartment so that I could be a full-fledged hostess. But the husband was offended that he had no rights. I was confident in our relationship, so no doubt I gave him half. As it turned out, this was the beginning of the end.

Our relationship began to deteriorate, we quarreled, I just could not recognize him. The mother-in-law began to come several times a month with her father-in-law, then with her son. Sometimes they stayed for more than a week. My husband did not want to understand my indignation and only stated that these were his own people. It’s okay that they’ll “live here a little bit.” It's his apartment now, too.

My mother-in-law became more impudent every time. She once said that since half of the apartment belongs to her son, she is the landlady and can do whatever she wants. Over time, I realized that he was not married to me, but to my apartment. But before the wedding, I was too blind to suspect it.

I packed up and moved in. My husband and I divorced, sold the apartment and split the money in half. I gave my half to my parents and I will stay with them. I understand that I need time to digest all this and leave it in the past.

“Where my ex-husband spent his money, I don’t know. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was his mother. Together with those who gave us for the wedding, a decent amount should already be accumulated, Sophia jokes bitterly.

Not a happy story, but there's nothing you can do. Perhaps Sophia should have known her lover better before legalizing the relationship. And with the transfer of half the apartment probably should not be rushed. On the other hand, this marriage could not save anything. And a young woman would only lose more time with people with whom she is definitely not on the way.

Tags

See also

New and interesting