A recipe for strawberry pie

For our family, the “Strawberry” is not just a cake, but a whole family history. I had a grandfather, his name was David. He was a pious man, so he knew all the days of remembrance of the saints. He especially honored David of Thessaloniki, because it was in honor of this holy grandfather that he received his name.

This day is celebrated on July 9, and is popularly called the Day of David the Strawberry. So he was called in Russia, because it was during this period in the forest. strawberry.

Of course, in our family this day was special. We all congratulated my grandfather on his birthday, although he strictly prohibited giving gifts. He said that St. David spent 70 years in a hut, which means that he does not need any excesses.

He accepted only one gift - grandmother's pie with strawberries. That cake we all adored, and I in memory of my grandfather baking our "Wandererer" still. This recipe should not be kept secret. "Site" sharing it with you.

Pie with strawberries Ingredients for dough
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 200g butter
  • 300g flour
  • 1 egg

Filling ingredients
  • 150g sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 100 ml of milk
  • 200g sour cream
  • 1 tsp starch
  • 0.5 tbsp flour

Filling.
  • strawberry
  • raspberries

Preparation
  1. Let's start with the test. Make butter and sugar for him. Then add the egg and beat it again. Add the flour, knead the dough and send it to the fridge for an hour.

DepositPhotos
  2. During this time, Grandma managed to go to the garden, collect berries for pie and prepare pouring. If you don't need to pick the berries, then let's get to the last point. First, beat the yolks with the third sugar.

DepositPhotos

3. Add starch and flour to the yolks. The milk is boiled and slowly pour a yolk mass into it, constantly stirring. The mass should be uniform, but not thickened. Take it off the fire and let it cool a little.

DepositPhotos

4. In a separate container beat the eggs, sour cream and the remaining sugar. Then add the cooled custard to the sour cream and mix well. The fill is ready, I have to pick the cake.

DepositPhotos
  5. The dough is evenly distributed in the form for baking, oiled. Place the washed and dried berries on top, and then pour all the cream.

6. Put in the oven and bake at 200 degrees for about 40 minutes. Let the cake cool completely and then serve it to the table!

I hope you like the recipe for strawberry pie as much as I do. Come and share your culinary photos with us!

Summer is a time of berries, and also beautiful pies. Earlier we told how to make the most delicate cake with blueberries.

They also shared a selection of the best recipes for brew cakes for every taste.

And told how to make an unusual curd cake with berries.

Tags

See also

New and interesting