A nimble dishwasher from a restaurant taught how to stew beets to get a French delicacy

During the period of quarantine, many began to master new hobbies and improve themselves. I was no exception to the rule and immersed myself in learning new recipes to improve my cooking skills.

Strangely, contrary to my expectations, the simplest and most affordable dishes had a much stronger effect on home tasters than any intricate recipes. So one of the biggest discoveries for me and my family was stewed beets.

I learned about how to prepare this snack from a French cooking show, where instead of a restaurant chef, the secrets of the kitchen are revealed by an agile dishwasher. It is a pity, the name of the show can not share, as I could not remember it, but at least this recipe remained in my memory - it is about him that I will tell in more detail today.

Stewed beets Ingredients
  • 0.5 kg beet
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 200g carrots
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 250g sour cream
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 40g butter
  • 1 parsley root
  • fluff
  • salt
  • chili
  • 60 ml of vegetable oil
  • 50g walnuts

Preparation
  1. First of all, wash the beets in cool water, clean it of the skin and sod it with a large straw.

2. Next, repeat the same procedures with carrots and parsley root. You can not rub, but cut vegetables with a large straw. This will make the salad more structured. But then it will take more time to prepare, because large pieces of vegetables will have to be stewed longer to bring to the desired condition.

3. Next, lay the prepared vegetables in a pot with a thick bottom, add lemon juice and vegetable oil. After that, everything is thoroughly stirred and, covering with a lid, leave to extinguish on average heat for 20 minutes. Stir the vegetable mixture from time to time to avoid burning. If the vegetables are still cut in large pieces, carcass the mixture over a small heat for 1 hour.

4. Then put the butter in the pan and mix it with flour. Then add to the flour with oil salt, spices, sugar and sour cream. Mix the ingredients well and warm the sauce on a slow heat for 2 minutes. And then pour the vegetable mixture into the pan and mix it with the sauce.

5. At the end, it remains only to transfer hot beet salad into a bowl for serving and decorate with chopped walnuts with fresh greens.

If desired, you can also add prunes to the snack. It will make the dish more refined, giving it a sweet-tart taste. What ingredients would you like to add or replace in this recipe? We look forward to your feedback and wishes.

Bon appetit!

Tags

See also

New and interesting