With what products can not eat beets

I have to admit, I didn't really think about it before. how to make beets. I just cooked a vegetable to make a salad. But one day at a friend's house I tried a very unusual dish. Baked apples in tandem with greens and nuts revealed the taste of beets in a new way. Since then, I have often experimented with new combinations. I also learned what not to cook beets with. I'm going to talk about everything today.

Beets are a unique vegetable that retains all its useful properties regardless of heat treatment. Moreover, it can be eaten both in cooked and raw form. And beets are not only boiled, but also fried, marinated and processed by drying.

Competent combination of products allows you to fully reveal their taste. And beets in this case is no exception. This vegetable is perfectly combined with nuts and dried fruits. For example, try adding some walnuts and prunes to a beet salad. The result will surprise you. Beets also dance in tandem with soft cheeses: goat or feta. This is another successful combination for a hearty salad. By the way, it can be supplemented with fresh greens (for example, arugula) and fresh or baked apples.

In addition, beets perfectly complement meat and fish dishes. I recommend cooking veal with this vegetable. Since beets are most often added to salads, it is worth knowing how best to dress them. Use quality olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some garlic. No wonder they say that all genius is simple!

About the combination of boiled beets and other vegetables to talk, I think, is not worth it. The legendary herring under a fur coat and vinaigrette is an excellent confirmation of this. Another idea for a salad is a combination of beets, boiled eggs and pickles. Here you can add your favorite mushrooms.

The spectrum of compatibility of beets is really wide. However, do not forget that this vegetable should not be mixed simultaneously with garlic and mayonnaise. Although this is a favorite option for dressing beet salad, it will not bring much benefit. If you can not live without mayonnaise, try cooking it at home.

As for the combination of beets and garlic, everything is ambiguous here. In some sources write that this is a vitamin bomb, very useful for the body and immunity. Others warn that it is better not to mix beets with garlic. Like, the load on the gastrointestinal tract and heart will be many times more. Which opinion do you lean towards?

Theory is great, but even better when you have the opportunity to practice! Today I suggest you cook not the most typical salad with beets. First of all, because the vegetable in this dish will be raw. You just need a couple of ingredients: 1 small beet, 1 avocado, half a clove of garlic and a handful of walnuts.

The preparation of this dish is extremely simple. Peel the beets and rub it on a large grater. Do the same thing with avocados. Mix both ingredients and crush the nuts with a knife. Add them to the beets and the avocados, mix them well. Then salt to taste and serve to the table! As you can see, there's no dressing in this salad. I don't think she's needed here. Why do we need extra fat if we have avocados?

If you have not cooked dishes with raw beets before, you can safely start with this salad. In addition, this is another idea of how you can use avocado in cooking. I hope you like it! Tell me in the comments, what products do you usually combine beets with? It would be great if you shared your recipe with us.

Tags

See also

New and interesting