The chef willingly shared how to cook beets in luxury restaurants to save time and not lose its taste

I love wine, but I rarely cook it. The last time I cooked, I've had enough. It's not laziness at all, I can't enjoy my favorite salad because of the mean beet. This stubborn vegetable is cooked for two hours, at least. It also needs to be watered in time. In general, I was not going to despair and found the perfect way to save precious time. Why not put the beets in the oven? Today I will tell you how to bake whole beets in the oven and why it is better to choose this method of cooking.

How to bake beets in the oven whole First I will tell you what is the advantage of this method of cooking beets. Especially when you need to prepare a salad of large pieces of vegetables, it is imperative that each vegetable itself was tasty. If the beet is simply boiled, all valuable trace elements will come out of it, and it will also be watery and completely tasteless.

When cooking beets in the oven, all juices are stored in beets. From this it becomes not only more useful, but also much more delicious. A nice bonus is that beets are cooked in the oven twice as fast. And I also learned that this is the way in restaurants chefs prefer to cook beets. That's the secret of restaurant beet.

The ingredients
  • beetroot
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • salt

Preparation
  1. Wash your beets well with a brush or sponge to wash dishes. Then wet the vegetable from excess moisture with a paper towel.

2. Cut the top. If you want to bake several vegetables, it is important that the beets are approximately the same size.

3. A sheet of foil for baking is covered with parchment paper, pre-moistened in water. Then peel the beets with a toothpick and salt the vegetable.

4. You can rub salt with your hands and pour vegetable oil at the end. Don't be afraid to salt the beets. To enhance the taste, you can spray it with balsamic vinegar or add a little sugar.

5. Wrap one beet in foil paper and bake on a middle shelf in an oven heated to 200 degrees 1-1.5 hours. It all depends on the size of the beets, so check in an hour to see if it's ready.

Thanks to this method of cooking, beets taste better than usual. All juices and nutrients are preserved, and it is also easy to clean. Just do not peel the beets under cold water, otherwise the taste will be irrevocably spoiled. Bon appetit. Have you ever cooked beets in the oven?

Tags

See also

New and interesting