The story of how the mother-in-law's move to the house next door disrupted the peaceful life of the daughter-in-law

Moving to a new home is often a joyous event. But not in our history today. Sometimes life proves that the farther the relatives live from each other, the stronger their relationship. The Site editorial staff shares with you a sketch from life and, as always, leaves only you to judge who is right here.

Moving to a new home My mom has always taught me respect and humility. My three sisters and I have learned our lesson very well. Especially my mother prepared us for the moment when another important woman - mother-in-law - would appear in our life. She always said that you need to treat her with respect and try to establish good relations.

This is what I was striving for when I chose my gentlemen. It seems that I was even more interested in their mothers. Once I had a good boyfriend. We met for almost a year, and so he decided to introduce me to my mother. I went to them, took off my shoes and went into the living room. And out of the corner of my eye I noticed how the guy's mother accidentally adjusted my shoes so that they stood evenly.

I sat with them, talked nicely, but broke up with the guy right after that. This is the first bell that in family life with such a mother-in-law everything will be according to her laws. I don't need that. But the story, in general, is not about that, but about my current mother-in-law.

We have developed a good relationship with her. She never climbed into our life, she let her son go from his father's house without much drama. We never lived with them, we immediately moved to our apartment. Thanks to the parents, they helped us together. We lived in the center, and my husband's parents were practically out of town. We rarely saw each other, but it suited everyone.

We came to visit them on holidays, they also visited us a couple of times. Since the appearance of the grandson, they began to travel a little more often. In general, peace and harmony reigned in our families. But my happiness ended one day.

The father-in-law retired and decided that he should buy a dacha. They sold their three-room apartment on the outskirts. For the proceeds, they bought a beautiful dacha and a one-room apartment. Do you know where? In the next house. The mother-in-law decided that this would be a wonderful decision, because she would be able to see her grandson more often.

We helped them with the move, celebrated a housewarming and, as usual, exchanged spare keys. I thought it was just a formality, just in case. But the mother-in-law took this as an invitation. And she began to visit us while we were at work.

At first I endured, because you need to show respect. I thought she would run a little and get bored. Still, she has her own house, where you can manage to your heart's content, but it was not there. She continued to visit us, becoming more impudent every time.

At first, she just put things in order in our apartment. It will wash the dishes, if we leave anything in the sink, then it will sort out the chest of drawers for me. Once I was in a hurry in the morning and could not find gloves. I turned everything out on the sofa, decided that I would clean it up after work. I come, and all the things are stacked on the dresser.

And somehow she calls me in the middle of the working day. I was just having a meeting, but I ran out with a bullet, I thought there was something important. And she says to me: “I noticed that your cat always has a full bowl of food. You can't do that, the cat will recover and suffer. " I was already dumbfounded. Now she will tell me how to feed the cat.

To be honest, my strength is gone. I don't like coming home and realizing that someone is in charge here all day. I understand that she does it out of good intentions, but I am old enough and independent to manage the household. I don’t need such help for nothing. Soon it will begin to wash my panties, God forgive me.

But I don't know what to do. I don't want to quarrel, but somehow you need to defend your boundaries. How to have a softer talk with my mother-in-law? Give advice, dear ones, otherwise I will break loose so soon and express everything that I think.

Such is a sketch from life. However, it cannot be said that the woman was not at all lucky with her mother-in-law, but the situation is not easy. It was nice to talk and clarify the situation, of course. Without quarrels and conflicts, of course, but just get everyone together and discuss what and how. We think this would help to resolve the conflict. And what do you think?

Tags

See also

New and interesting