Is it true that the daughter-in-law should break out of bed 2 hours earlier than the mother-in-law?

“My husband and I were so tired of the city noise that he offered me a holiday outside the city. 45 kilometers from the city live my father-in-law, to them we went to rest with the children, says Anya. Not restraining irritation, the girl admits that she did not manage to rest at all.

Before the school holidays, my husband and children went to the country to our parents. 10-year-old Vera misses her grandmother very much, and Misha is very small, he is not even a year old. I thought fresh air would be good for the kids. And I'm very tired of noisy neighbors watching loud TV and singing songs every night.

Her husband and father returned to the city and continued to work. They only came on weekends. My children and my mother-in-law stayed on the farm. When the fathers of the family came, they only expected that a table with delicious dishes would be set for them and a fresh bed prepared for a quality rest.

I had to follow the older child who was carrying everything in his way. I just went and picked up toys and things in the house. And the youngest, the baby, required special attention. In addition, I had to get enough sleep and eat normally, so that my milk did not lose. But I was faced with stress like I'd never seen in the city.

My mother-in-law hosted, she shared responsibilities with me: she decided that I would clean and cook in the house, and she took care of the beds. I had to feed the baby at night, so I tried to go to bed early, at nine o'clock. At this time, I would put my children to bed, and then I would ask my mother-in-law if there was anything to help her. She always refused to help.”

Dissatisfied mother-in-law “I tried to do everything I was entrusted with: cooking, cleaning, washing and never contradicted my mother-in-law.” She didn't say anything, so I thought we had a normal relationship. But I was wrong.

As a result, when my husband arrived on another weekend, he took me to the house to talk. It turned out that my mother-in-law was very unhappy with me and I did not do everything as she should. Grisha said that my mother was angry with me and that I had no help. She complained to her son that I only eat and sleep, and her husband added a quote: “Your Anya should get up early and go to bed two hours later than her mother-in-law.”

I just stood there and clapped my eyes in surprise. Apparently, my mother-in-law thought that I had come to help her, and resented me for not helping with the beds. But then why didn't she tell me herself and wait for her son to come?

I've never had a rest like this before. As a result, I left the country in upset feelings and still can not understand how to improve relations with my husband’s mother. What am I wrong about? I may not be a supermistress, but I always try to help. But no one notices my help. I’m not going to give up on trying to please anyone. I care about my health. Does your mother-in-law remember how hard it is to raise children? So much for the rest of the country.

About the complex relationship of mother-in-law and daughter-in-law make jokes. But in fact, everything is not funny when adults do not know how to adequately communicate and find a common language. Apparently, the mother-in-law alone was not easy to monitor the household and dig beds without the support of her husband, when the stronger sex went to work. But there is nothing difficult in asking for help, because there is no. The older generation is brought up on stereotypes, these are people of old school. But for some reason, they think that young people should read their minds instead of discussing some pressing issues.

It is not that the daughter-in-law is so bad and lazy, but that the mother-in-law for some reason does not want or does not know how to communicate. Instead of playing a spoiled phone with her son, a mother could talk to her daughter-in-law in the same way. And until she learns to talk about what she wants, the daughter-in-law will not be able to establish a relationship with her mother-in-law.

Tags

See also

New and interesting