What's in a name...

Car, ladies and gentlemen, this is not a stapler, some, it's almost alive. So it should be a proper name.
Here, there are specially trained people are sitting, suffer, invent how to
to call his creation so interesting pooriginalnee. Or on the contrary do not tense up, and assign them to his creation a clear number - and how to be enough.
But after some time, and the average consumer, to understand with another gem of engineering thought, he gives his nickname, sometimes so precise and capacious that the creators of this miracle, at the time burned with shame.
"Oh, so it is the Russian people, if we pripechataet so pripechataet. Until the end of life. "(Strong abridged quote. Gogol" Dead Souls »)
Here I'll try to remember some of the "names" assigned to the people of domestic automobiles. Some of them are well known, some might use only in one particular region, in brackets - Moscow. Additions and updates are welcome.
And so it went. While there will be 15 pictures + a bit of text.

№1 «Zahar»
It is not clear the origin of this nickname Zisa (ZiL) 150, but I've heard the old drove repeatedly. (130th sometimes called "pock-marked", because of the specific lattice, must be understood.)

№2 «Fantomas»
So, at least in Moscow, called cute buses ZIS (Liaz) 158.
Etymology is partly understandable. Rounded shapes and mainly gray-blue color (besides Moscow early 70s) - why not face Fantomas.

№3 «Mammoth»
Cargo trolley TG-3. Here everything is clear. The huge, slow-moving, some good-natured in appearance. In addition, they often painted in an eerie brown color scheme.

№4 «Barge" "Laibach»
That's all they know. Firmly stuck to the "Volga". The largest of the available simple Soviet man car, if not in private property, so even as a taxi. Long rolls and turns. The opinions of "experts" on the subject often diverge. Someone argues that the word "barge" appeared in the days of 21 minutes of "Volga", others say that only with the launch of the 24th.
Again experts are proving that the nicknames "the barge" and "Laibach" - synonyms, others say that "Laibach" - it is only "Volga" wagon. Still others are
tearing their vest, saying "Laibach" - Taxi Driver purely term for any work machine. It is no longer understand.

№5 «humpback," "earful", "Toothy».
Pets drove three generations of "The Cossacks." Understandably, nicknamed building on some of the external parts, conspicuous. Nothing really derogatory in these names was not. So, what would distinguish.
I remembered about this anecdote from the series "On the Faina Ranevskaya»:
One of the friends bought a Ranevskaya "humpbacked" "Zaporozhets».
Once he took the actress a ride to the cottage and after half an hour in the deathly silence,
she looked around the room grimly, said: - Sasha, I'm sorry, but ... how much is your car?
 - Three thousand, Faina.
 - What a dirty trick on the part of the state!

№6 «Scad»
A typical example of how to not the best car hung not the best label. I never in use have not heard of this proud word - "Tavria».
"Scad" - that most decent ZaZovladeltsy and sympathizers are used in everyday speech.

№7 «Cripple»
The same example. It is now probably very few people remember that "Moskvich" was issued in 2141 while under the obscure title «Aleko». Then I think to explain it is not necessary.

№8 «Vtorchermet»
A huge, iron, roaring, always dirty and rusty KrAZ-256. More precisely you will not name.

№9 «Laptёzhnik»
So called all-wheel drive KrAZ-255. At least, at BAM, where me and brought this nickname.

№10 «Shishiga»
66th lawn. In fact, "shishiga" - a kind of evil. What? It looks ugly, not killed, all get through. Plus, and more in tune with the index.
In some places, it is called that is easier - "Shishok».

№11 «Goat", "A loaf».
Forever proper names uazovsky products. Well, there is gruzovichёk "Tadpole," of course.

№12 «Kopeika" and "Shah».
VAZ "classics" is definitely not lucky. Serial numbers instead of something spiritual. Well, what is this notation: "four", "five", "Seven» ...
Only two models have at least something resembling an individual. Probably deserved.

Number 13 "Chisel»
Fresh design for its time Togliatti line 2108-09. evoked a mixed reaction of the public. And then, you will not tell because in answer to the question:
 - Do not you?
 - I "eight».
 - Well, go wheel Me, Crank! - Answer you.
Well, "nine" - generally a football term. "And he sat down in his brand-new" nine. »
Brad? Brad!
In general, both will soon have 30 years - "Chisel».

№14 «Livestock ', also known as" The accordion ».
Not so much domestic as my fatherland tightly linked. He is the most.
"Ikarus" 280. Some people think, apparently, that any cattle called utterly broken, dirty, smelly buses. And here and there.
When to replace the rapidly dimming autopark our cities Hungarian comrades put their new articulated masterpiece euphoria knew no bounds. Bright, spacious, fast. Roomy that your supertanker.
The euphoria lasted for a couple of months, not more. It soon became clear that this creation of technical ideas Magyar summer and winter maintains the cabin temperature of the environment, the exhaust from the engine flows again into the cabin, windows let in the rain, as if they (the windows) absent. Input-output feasible only if certain climbing skills. God, with all the warmth of a remembered cute, rattling doors LiAZ 677. Chesslovo, personally specifically, if time permits, try to wait it 677 th (they went for a long time on many routes vpopolame with "Icarus"). Moreover, drivers grumbled. In LiAZ
masenkaya lever to switch between the variator at the wheel, and the "Icarus" one must roll a full poker and clutch work like a galley, and urban - it is oh, how great, especially the full shift. Plus, if there were problems with the engine, in the 677th opened directly into the casing of the cabin and dig myself about anything I do not think. The "Icarus", it was necessary to go to the salon to disperse nerve, breathe Solarium citizens crap to open the hatch in the floor and stuck it in cancer, until it is time to tell the passengers, saying "the bus does not go further." I think the word "cattle" did not emerge without the help shofёrskoy brethren.

№15 «Rafik»
No, do not be surprised, I did not confused. Finally I want to recall the example of feedback. In the USSR, a minibus was not rich. Actually besides "Rafiki" almost nothing had happened.
"Loaf" does not count, occasionally flashed on Polish roads "Beetles" were so terrible in their anonymity, that probably does not even postponed in consciousness. For this happened so that for a while (20 years approximately), a lowly Baltic shed in our country gave name to a type of machine. How many times have I heard - "Wow, zyr," Rafik "non-Russian go!" And later, in the early '90s: "We are on firm currently two" Rafiq "German took," Folktsvagen-Caravela ».
And still sometimes be heard from drivers with the experience: "And here I was," Rafik "right-handed pruning, this is it, L-400»

Well, on this note, crisp and probably will end.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting