Greek grandmothers used to sell eggplant pieces in the bazaar when I was a little girl.

Yay! I think I finally found a recipe that really made me love blue. These are manzanes. eggplant with savory vegetable stuffing. The dish is prepared quite simply. It eats in minutes. If you want to surprise home or guests with an unusual snack, this is exactly what you need!

I liked the recipe so much that the first thing I did was share it with my mother. She seems to have known about him for a long time. “When I was a child, they were sold piecemeal in the Greek grandmother’s bazaar in our town. So I think it's from Pontic cuisine. Unearthly taste!, recalled Ma. It's a great way to make manzanes again!

We will cook a lot at once, so calculate the number of ingredients in advance. Also under this dish means winter preparation. But it is not necessary to twist everything into cans - some part can be eaten immediately. Fingers are good!

The ingredients
  • 2.5 kg eggplant
  • 1kg carrots
  • 240g garlic
  • 500g onions
  • 350g tomatoes
  • 1 bundle parsley
  • 100 ml of vegetable oil
  • 2 tbsp salt
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp vinegar
  • 2 l of water

Preparation
  1. First of all, wash each eggplant and cut off the peduncle. You don't have to peel your vegetables. Then make a cut on all the fruits in the middle. Cook eggplant to softness for 5-10 minutes. The more fruits, the longer they will have to be cooked. So choose medium-sized eggplant.

2. Cool the eggplant in cold water. Then put them on a table or pan, cover with something flat on top and put the load. It is necessary that excess liquid flows out of vegetables.
  3. While the vegetables are under the press, it is time to make a filling for eggplant. To do this, clean and rub all the carrots on a large grater. Place it in a heated deep frying pan with vegetable oil. Carcasses of vegetables on a large fire for 5 minutes. Don't forget to stir the carrot so it doesn't burn.

4. Grind the onions and tomatoes, add them to the carrots and carcasses for another 5 minutes. Next, grind the garlic and greens, also add them to the pan and mix everything well. After a minute, remove the filling from the fire and completely cool it. There is no need to add salt and other spices to vegetables.
  5. Now puff each eggplant tightly with a filling. Then put all the blanks in a large pan, tamp the vegetables. Next, prepare the brine. To do this, boil water, add salt and sugar, as well as vinegar.
  6. Pour eggplant with brine filling so that they look slightly out of the water. Next, cover the vegetables with a plate and put the load on top. In this form, eggplant in Greek should be marinated for 3-7 days.
  7. Next, sterilize the cans, spread out eggplant in them and close the can with plastic lids for hot canning. A snack can also be served on the table. Bon appetit!

Eggplants in Greek: editorial advice Filling for stuffed eggplants can be changed. For example, add finely cut Bulgarian pepper to carrots. It will be just as delicious and aromatic! You can experiment with spices if you want.

Manzanes are a great idea for those who like eggplant and want to eat in the cold season. The blue ones can also be frozen. How to do this, read the article on the link.

Tell me, do you like eggplant? What dishes do you usually cook from this summer vegetable? It will be great if you share your recipe in the comments. I'll see you downstairs!

Tags

See also

New and interesting