An unmarried friend bakes such bagels when he invites a gentleman to visit

Baking on kefir dough is my separate love. And all because it prepares simply and quickly! When time is running out, guests are on the doorstep, and the soul demands something sweet, I do. bagel. Even the filling does not need to put – they are already incredibly tasty. I want to share this recipe with you!

We will cook bagels in the oven on kefir and live yeast. You can replace them with dry ones if you want. According to the rules, 1 g of dry yeast is equivalent by weight to 3 g of fresh. But it is better to focus on the yeast that you will use. It is usually written on the package how much flour they are designed for.

The ingredients
  • 600g wheat flour
  • 200ml kefir
  • 50 ml of milk
  • 75g butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 25g live yeast
  • 60g sugar
  • 0.5 tsp salt
  • poppy
  • 1 yolk and some milk to lubricate

Preparation
  1. First of all, warm the milk a little, and butter melt. Then just mix absolutely all the ingredients to uniformity, mix elastic dough and let it stand warm for at least 30-40 minutes. It should fit.

2. Then wrap the dough, roll it into a layer of the same thickness. You shouldn't make it very thin. Cut the dough into triangles, and then roll each of them with a roulette, starting on the wide side to make bagels.

3. Turn on the oven to 180 degrees. At this time, shift all the blanks to a pan covered with parchment paper. Let the bagels get a little closer.
  4. Then beat the yolk and milk, lubricate each bagel with the resulting mixture with a baking brush. Sprinkle bagels with poppy or sesame at will.
  5. Bake bagels for 20-30 minutes at 180 degrees. Adjust the amount of time based on the characteristics of your oven. Enjoy your tea!

Yeast bagels will play with new colors if you lubricate the dough with some jam before twisting. The main thing is not to overdo it with filling, so that the dough does not begin to be capricious. My colleague Nikolai Laduba told me how to make soft bagels with a saw inside. Look for the recipe.

If you do not like dough on yeast, bagels in the oven can be prepared differently. For example, as a basis for the test, ordinary cottage cheese is perfect. The recipe was politely shared by the main hostess of our editorial office Anastasia Chubar.

I also want to draw your attention to the unusual Tatar bagel barmack. I'm sure you haven't done that kind of baking before!

For those who do not eat animal products, we have a recipe for lean bagels on mineral water. A great alternative to delicious pastries!

Finally, I want to share my favorite. It's my grandmother's recipe for cherry-stuffed bagels. Incredibly tasty similar pastry, cooked with a soul. What could be better?

If you cook bagels according to our recipes, be sure to share your impressions in the comments. And it would be great if you wrote your signature recipe for this dish. I'll see you downstairs!

Tags

See also

New and interesting