I love rose bagels, so I am stocking now, carefully selecting petals.

My grandmother could do it. rose-petal jamAnd the flower itself was added to the bagels. This pastry has a very special taste, unlike anything else. I really wanted to revive the recipe and share it with you. What happened, read further in the article.

To prepare bagels with a rose, you do not need to make classic jam from the petals of this flower. Although it can be safely used for sand cookies, Baku kurabje. If you do not want to mess with cooking jam, you can cook a cold version of this jam and already add it to bagels. I'm telling you everything in order!

Ingredients for cold jam
  • 200g rose petals
  • 400g sugar
  • citric acid

Test ingredients
  • 5g pressed yeast
  • 30 ml of warm milk
  • 100g sour cream
  • 50g butter
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 200g wheat flour

Preparation
  1. To prepare cold jam, you need to carefully go through the rose petals so that there are no bugs in them. Then put them in the makitra, add the sugar. Rub the petals, they're supposed to juice.

2. Then add citric acid to the flower mass, mix everything well. Done! Now cold jam can be moved into a glass jar. In this state, it can be stored in the refrigerator for a year. And already this mass can be used to prepare bagels.
  3. For the test, mix the yeast and warm milk until the yeast is completely dissolved. Then add to the bowl the yolks, softened butter and sour cream. Stir everything to a uniform state.

4. Then add to the mass of wheat flour and mix dough. Give him 2 hours to break. Now wear the dough, flour may be needed at this stage. Add it further at your discretion. It will be enough not more than 30-50 grams.
  5. Roll the dough into a layer no more than 0.5 cm thick and divide it into identical triangles. Put on each small amount of cold jam from rose petals and roll bagels.

6. Put the blanks on a pan covered with parchment paper. Cover them with paper towels and give them another 30 minutes to rest. Then lubricate the bagel with vegetable oil and bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees. Before serving bagels for tea, you can decorate them with powdered sugar. Bon appetit!

As you can see, it is not difficult to prepare bagels with a rose. Of course, you can use other fillings if you are not ready for such experiments. But you should not be afraid of flower jam! In folk medicine, it is famous for its healing properties. It is useful to use with a sore throat and angina.

If you do not want to mess with the preparation of the dough, try to buy a regular leaf in the store. Similarly, roll it, cut out the triangles and make blanks for bagels with any filling. Ideal if there is not much time, and you want to cook something for tea.

Also on our site you can find a lot of other interesting recipes bagels. Here's one of them. Cheese bagels from the master of the Ukrainian Lilia Zvit - fingers close!

Tell me, do you have your own signature bagel recipe? Be sure to share them in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting