1. Jam from plums with vanilla
The traditional way of cooking, the aroma of vanilla makes the jam a special and very exquisite.Ingredients (yield approximately 1 litre of jam):
- Plum — 1.25 kg (net weight)
- Sugar — 800 g
- Lemon — 1 PC.
- Vanilla — 1 pod
1. Cut plums in half and remove the stone. If plums are large, you can cut them into 4 pieces or anything. 1.25 kg — weight of the cleaned drain.
2. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice. Vanilla pod cut in half and seeds vystrelit. Fill the plums with sugar, add the lemon juice and squeezed lemon halves and the seeds and the vanilla pod. Mix. Cover and leave overnight to gave plum juice. Stir a couple of times.
3. Remove lemon halves. Put on fire and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer the jam until ready/desired consistency. I jam continuously prepared 4.5 hours on very low heat. Readiness can be checked by dropping a drop of hot jam on a saucer chilled in the freezer. If the drop does not spread, then the jam is ready.
4. Remove the vanilla pod and pour the jam in sterilized jars, roll sterilized lids and wrap until cool. Store at room temperature.
2. Jam from plums with orange and mint
The method of preparation is also traditional, but differs from the previous one. Flavors of orange and mint in this jam is simply unmatched.Ingredients (yield about 750 ml):
- Plum — 1 kg
- Sugar — 0.5 kg
- Orange — 1 PC.
- Fresh mint — about 3 sprigs
1. From plums remove the seeds. Slice plums into quarters.
2. Fill with sugar, cover and leave overnight. Plums should give juice. A couple of times during this time, stir.
3. Drain plums in a colander and allow to drain the resulting juice.
4. Pour the juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and let simmer 20 minutes, until the syrup start to get caramelized.
5. With orange blossom in a thin layer remove the zest and squeeze the juice. Return plums to the syrup, adding the orange zest, half of a squeezed orange and juice of half an orange.
6. Simmer until tender or to desired consistency. The readiness of the jam, you can check by dropping a drop of hot jam on a saucer chilled in the freezer. If the drop does not spread, then the jam is ready.
7. At the end of cooking, add fresh mint, stir and cook for another minute or two. Pour the hot jam in sterilized jars (you can with the bits of zest and sprigs of mint), roll sterilized lids and wrap until cool. Store at room temperature.
3. Jam from the plums in the oven
Here I really enjoyed the method of cooking the jam is cooked in the oven, by itself, almost without your participation. In the future I want to try this method on other fruits, plums are well and I will definitely cook this way because this method seemed very convenient. The main thing is to pick up the dishes — she needs to be wide and shallow, otherwise the cooking process will be delayed.Ingredients (yield about 750 ml):
- Plum — 1 kg (net weight)
- Sugar — 0.5 kg
- Orange — 1 PC.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 gr. Plum remove the bones and cut into quarters. 1 kg is the weight of the cleaned drain.
2. Put the plums in a wide and shallow dish. Cover them with the sugar. With orange remove the peel in wide strips, taking care not to capture the white part. From half an orange squeeze juice. Add juice and zest to the plums. Mix.
3. Put in preheated oven for 2 hours. 2-3 times during this time mix.
4. Readiness check by dropping a drop of hot jam on a saucer chilled in the freezer. If the drop does not spread, then the jam is ready. Pour the jam in sterilized jars (you can with the bits of peel), roll sterilized lids and wrap until cool. Store at room temperature.
4. Jam from the plums in the slow cooker
If you have already prepared some jam in a slow cooker, you know that it always turns out more liquid than cooked on the stove. It is always necessary to keep in mind to avoid disappointment. But despite this, I really liked what happened. The jam tastes as if not cooked, but just raw plums, rubbed with sugar. Really liked this effect, I will prepare more, especially since the recipe also lentyayskogo.Ingredients (yield about 1.5 l):
- Drain — 1.5 kg
- Sugar — 1 kg
- Cinnamon — 2 sticks
1. Remove pits from plums and cut them into quarters. Put the plums in a bowl multivarki and fill with sugar. Add cinnamon. Mix.
2. Cook in the "Control" at a temperature of 80 degrees for 1 hour. Mix. Then cook in the "Control" at a temperature of 90 degrees for 2 hours. Mix again and preroute with an immersion blender.
3. Continue to cook in the "Control" at a temperature of 90 degrees for another 1 hour. If "Control" is not provided, it is possible to use the mode "Stewing".
Also delicious: 15 recipes jelly for the winter How to cook jam, jam and jam made from red currants
4. Hot jam pour into sterilized jars, roll sterilized lids and wrap until cool. Store at room temperature.published
Cook with love!