Instructions for the preparation of dried plums

If you have a great harvest of plums this year, I suggest you do it. dry-dried for the winter. Many have tried dried tomatoes, but dried plums are truly a snack for gourmets!

They turn out to be incomparable, with a slight sourness and an unimaginable aroma of spices. Perfect addition to meat, wine and cheese. My friends always ask me to bring this savory snack with them for a picnic.

Dried plums Today edition "Site" He will tell you how to cook. plum-dried. I don’t really make any more plums anymore. I make a summer snack and eat in the evening!

Ingredients for marinade
  • 2 kg of plums (better variety "Hungarian")
  • 70g wine vinegar
  • 50g olive oil
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 head of garlic
  • 1 tbsp Provence herbs
  • 3g red ground pepper
  • 0.5 tsp ground garlic
  • 2 sprigs of rosemary

Ingredients for pouring during storage
  • 120g olive oil
  • 120g sunflower oil
  • 2 sprigs of rosemary
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 3g sweet pepper
  • 2-3 peas of black pepper
  • 5-7g mustard seeds

Preparation
  1. Wash the plums, cut them in half, remove the bones.

2. To prepare a marinade, sodium garlic on a grater, rosemary shallowly cut. All the ingredients of the marinade combine in a deep bowl: salt, sugar, Provencal herbs, red ground pepper, grated fresh garlic, rosemary, olive oil and wine vinegar. Pour the plums with marinade and stir gently. Leave plums with sauce to marinate for 3 hours.

3. Cover the bowl with foil, lay out the halves of the drain with a slice up. You can dry the plum in the oven at a temperature of 100 degrees. The whole process takes about 2-3 hours. Time. drainage It depends on their size, variety, on the work of your oven and on the result you want (dryer dried plum or softer and juicier). Orient yourself to your taste. After two hours in the oven, you should carefully monitor the process: make sure that the plums do not burn.

Note that during drying, the drain door of the oven should be left ajar. To do this, you can place an ordinary simple pencil between the body and the oven door.

4. Leave the plums on the table for another 3 days so they dry better.

5. In a sterilized dry jar, put a few cloves of garlic and 2 sprigs of rosemary, then a layer of dried plums, sprinkle everything with seasoning. I have peppers, peas and mustard seeds. Fill the jar to the top, try to stack the plums tighter.

6. Pour dried plums with a mixture of sunflower and olive oil (you can take other vegetable oil at your discretion), the oil should completely cover the plums. Close the jar and put it in the fridge. Leave the snack until winter, and if you are impatient to try, then wait at least 2-3 days, as the plum should be infused.

I also suggest you find out a simple recipe for tomatoes. Buying such tomatoes will be quite expensive, and cooking at home - budget. It only takes a little time and a step-by-step instruction.

Dried plums are an excellent solution for lovers of meat dishes, poultry or fish dishes, this snack will give them spiciness! Dried plums, like popular dried tomatoes, are perfectly stored in the refrigerator for up to six months.

Dried plums will definitely decorate any table. They can be used both independently and added to salads. No one will guess which secret ingredient gives the salad an interesting taste.

Share. perfect recipe with your friends on social media!

Tags

See also

New and interesting