Prepare tasty and healthy! The recipe of sourdough

It's like the old Russian proverb: "bread around the head". But you know what makes modern bread that is sold in shops and supermarkets? Many people do not even realize that except for water, flour and yeast manufacturer adds different flavors, leavening agents, flavor enhancers and other ingredients which make the bread softer, tastier, give it a presentation, but nullify the advantage.

For me the question of quality of bread, the island has become literally a few months ago. That's when I started thinking about how to learn to cook sourdough and self-oven homemade and tasty unleavened bread. To be honest, I relied on recipes that were found on the Internet, but eventually brought his own, about which today and tell.

So, my recipe for non-yeasted sourdough bread is quite simple, and if you follow the advice and recommendations given below then very soon you will be able to cook delicious, flavorful, fluffy bread that will forever make you forget about the purchase.

What are the ingredients?

For the preparation of unleavened bread will need a minimum of ingredients and no more than 6 hours (4-5 of which is the process of raising the dough).

So, we need:

• Flour — 500 grams

No matter what kind of flour you will take. Can use coarse, they say that the healthier it is, ordinary, clean, white. I always use plain flour and yeast-free bread turns out tasty, fluffy and soft. It is also worth noting that 500 grams is only a "starter" amount of flour. There should be at least 700 grams, because you can not calculate with the leaven, or add a lot of water, and then the dough will be liquid. In such cases, I always fill up the flour and bring the dough to the desired consistency.

• Leaven to unleavened dough — 100 grams

You can use any leaven, thanks to Internet, there are hundreds of different recipe. Leaven is prepared 5 days, but then it becomes "eternal". I have already baked a few dozen loaves to leaven, which matured another month and a half ago.

• Water
Water is needed in order to bring the dough to the desired consistency. How much it will need just can not say. I always gain about 500 grams and is poured little by little, kneading the dough. When you see that the dough is on the way, stop adding water. It's pretty simple and clear. My advice, do not just pour 1/2 litre water into the flour, it may be a very liquid batter and then have to fill up the flour, add the yeast, to carry out additional manipulation.

• Salt and spices
Everything is also done to taste. The last bread I cooked with the addition of dry garlic powder and one tablespoon of salt per pound of bread. This recipe unleavened bread is very pleasant. The garlic added a special aroma, no sharp taste and smell. Yes, and salt guessed, because glebchik turned out a measure of salt. My advice is to add salt gradually, so as not to overdo and not to spoil everything.

• Soda — 1 teaspoon
Previously my recipe unleavened bread did not contain soda. But just a few days ago I decided to add her as an experiment. The bread turned out even more soft and fluffy. As shown, the soda does not harm nor to taste of bread or any of his properties, but on the contrary, makes it even softer.

Proceed to steps

1. In a large bowl pour the flour and add the yeast that you have. I do a ratio of flour and yeast about 1 to 5. If you take 500 grams of flour, at least 100 grams of leaven. Looking at the other recipes yeast-free bread, I realized that the authors put less yeast. But my recipe has already been tested in practice and always produces a good bread. I also want to note that I don't use scales and don't put all the lines clearly to the gram. A sense of proportion comes from experience, so first can use cups and measuring cups, and then such a need will disappear.

2. Next, in a bowl with flour and yeast begin to gently pour the water and knead the dough. It is supposed to be quite tight and should not stick to hands. Typically, the dough will be initially watery and sticky, because a novice Baker still lack experience and knowledge. But do not worry if it happened. Just pour the flour, continuing to knead the dough, and bring it to the desired consistency. The perfect dough should not stick to hands, be soft, like children's clay, should be of homogeneous consistency and density. On average, I knead the dough for at least 10 minutes. Doing it manually, but can be used by different electronic devices. I feel manually kneading the dough and can understand when you need to add water or flour.

3. In the process of kneading the dough you should also add salt and spices. How many and what spices to add — it depends entirely on your preferences and desires. If you want sweet bread — you can add raisins and nuts if you want more spicy, then garlic, if you prefer spicy bread, then experiment with the chilli. I, in most cases limited to just the salt. My advice is posypaete salt carefully and gradually. Added 1/2 tsp, mixed well, tasted a little dough. If you feel that it needs a little salt, then add another. I followed the recipe and poured from a tablespoon, and as a result received a salted unleavened bread.

As I wrote above, the process of kneading the dough takes me at least 10 minutes. In the end, the dough for unleavened bread should be dense, but quite soft and supple. If you are going to interfere, then it should be easy to take any form, must not crumble or disintegrate. If the dough is to crumble, it is too dry, add a little water. If the dough is very sticky and the utensils, then it is too wet, and should add a bit more flour.

4. After you have mixed the dough, formed it a "bun", sprinkle small amount of flour, cover with a slightly damp towel (and dry) and set aside in a warm place for 3-5 hours to rise. If you have added a lot of yeast, the dough rises literally for 3 hours, if leaven is not enough, it may rise and 10 hours. On average, my dough rises for 5 hours. The last time I added a little yeast, and left the dough overnight to "Mature". In the morning it has risen and the result is pretty tasty bread. Another tip — don't pour a lot of leaven. Even though it will speed up the "maturation" of the test, but will affect the taste. Your soda bread would have a sour taste, which many people may not like it.

5. After the dough has risen, put it into molds and bake. I usually put in a square shape, or simply bake a round bread on a baking sheet. Can do a few test cuts, so it is better cooked. Also, these cuts will add to the aesthetic beauty ready unleavened bread.

In the picture you can see how my rose the unleavened glebchik literally 4 hours. It increased in size by approximately 2 times. So when you send it to "ripen" consider this, then don't collect the dough on the table and the floor.

6. The last step is baking. I put the oven on 200 degrees and put in her dough. The first 20 minutes, bake it at that temperature, then reduce to 180 and continue baking another 40 minutes. In total, the bread is baked for 60 minutes with a crisp baked crust, and all the bread is baked. I used to pitch for 40 minutes as I read in one recipe but it always tasted moist and sticky dough. Decided to increase the baking time and everything fell into place.

My advice and recommendations

I want to say that the first time I did not bread, and some hot strange mass that vaguely resembled bread. I don't make a starter, did not comply with recommendations from the recipe, added a lot of water, causing the dough did not rise. But now every glebchik is something unusual, tasty, soft and fragrant. Therefore, if you do not succeed the first time — do not worry, everything comes with experience. But still give some useful tips:

1. Do not add a lot of yeast, because it gives the bread a specific sour taste. It is better to knead the dough in the afternoon, putting it to rise for 6-8 hours and cook in the evening fragrant unleavened bread, than add a lot of yeast, and after 2 hours to send the dough to bake.

2. Be careful with the salt. Add it gradually. It is well knead the dough and continually check it out. It needs more salt you can always, but with a too salty dough much more of a hassle.

3. Consider the fact that the dough will be 2 or 2.5 times increase in size. So bring a suitable container so that it doesn't "run away".

4. After you get the prepared unleavened bread from the oven, cover it with a damp towel and allow to cool. If this is not done, the bread crust will turn out hard, it will be bad to cut and hard to crumble. And if cover with a damp towel, the whole crust will be soft.

Also interesting: 4 selected UNLEAVENED dough for fluffy and tasty bread

Unleavened bread Apple sourdough from scratch

Here, perhaps, and all. I submitted my recipe for unleavened bread, which we hope will appeal to many. I want to say that for several months preparing this glebchik, treat their friends and family. Once you try homemade soda bread, you'll never want to buy store-bought fresh pastries.published

Author: Alexander Korolyuk

Cook with love ! Bon appetit!

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: getalife.ru/bezdrozhzhevoj-hleb-recept

Tags

See also

New and interesting