The basics of making salted herring

Three years ago, I visited my uncle in Odessa. He’s just a master of all trades: in the house to fix everything, and in the kitchen to cook. Everyday cooking he can still trust someone, but not the salting of fish. He says that no one can repeat his fish, because his recipe is special.

I tortured him for a long time. herringHe finally revealed it to me and even showed me the whole cooking process. And today I'm going to share it with you.

How to salt fish Ingredients
  • 3 herrings
  • 0.5 liters of water
  • 2 tbsp salt
  • 1 bulb
  • 2 bay leaves
  • pepper-pea
  • vegetable-oil

Preparation
  1. Clean the fish as usual: wash, clean the abdomen of the insides and black film. If you have caviar, you can keep it. Cut off your head, tail, lower fins. Then cut the abdomen along the wall, divide the herring into two halves, removing the fillet from the spine and bones.

2. Now that the fish is ready, you need to salt it. Dissolve salt in cold boiled water. Put the fillet in this brine and leave it for 1 hour.

3. Then throw the herring on the coop to make the brine stack. Now cut the onions in rings, cut the fillets in neat pieces. Put it all in a tray or jar in layers: at the bottom lay out bay leaf and pepper peas, and on them herring and onions. Tamper well, pour vegetable oil and leave for a couple of hours.

After that, the fish is ready, you can serve it on the table with onions or use it in the preparation of other herring dishes. It's like your soul. I cook like that. low-salt For the third year, all the households are just delighted, we still remember with gratitude my beloved uncle from Odessa, who gave us such a wonderful recipe.

Do you prefer fish at home or do you prefer canned food? Do you have any secrets about home pickles?

Tags

See also

New and interesting