Social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Odnoklassniki, Vkontakte) are listening to us! If you use these apps, immediately...

Last week, our family moved to hell for ten days. We were flooded by neighbors from above, and we began to be forced. kitchen-work. Since we have nowhere to go, and there are two children, a cat and a dog, the repair was planned to be completed quickly.

DepositPhotos

The very first evening we zealously discussed the color of the wallpaper and recalled the numbers of smart contractors. And in the morning, out of habit, leafing newsfeed On social media, I saw a strange thing: a few pop-up ad units with discounts on building materials.

"How great," was the first thought. But all of a sudden it hit me, "How does Facebook know I'm getting repaired?"

DepositPhotos

I called my husband, but his response was even more shocking: "Come on, didn't you know we were being followed?" Even if you don’t use your phone to find the right things, third-party apps listen to the environment every minute. via your cell phone. They know what kind of ads to put in next time!

This would be ridiculous if it weren’t true. Many of my friends attest to this phenomenon of “right advertising” at the right time. And that's just the tip of the iceberg...

I, like thousands of concerned citizens, live uneasy with the idea that I am constantly being watched. Today they are listening and tomorrow they will be watching! First they manipulate advertising, and then what, total control? No, I don't like that prospect, but How do I know who's watching me??

Editorial "Site" I understand the logic of social networks. Technology has made our lives so much easier that we have become dependent on it. Today we will tell you what tricks are used by app creators to Know everything about your users. Read carefully and you will learn how to protect your privacy.

DepositPhotos

How you're being followed online
  1. If you use Google services (and you 100% use them), if you have a more or less decent smartphone, know all the advertising that you have seen on the Web, and all the information about your purchases and purchases. Viewing goods in online stores, collected and analyzed. Based on the findings, you will be offered similar products in the form of advertising blocks.

DepositPhotos

Moreover, recently Google announced the synchronization of information regarding what ads the user viewed on the Web and what purchase made. real-store. It turns out that banks transmit information about what we buy!

2. Mobile apps like Facebook, Instagram, and thousands of Google Play mobile games are listening to you. microphone on a mobile device. They are programmed code for recognizing TV ads and sounds. Even if the game is not running, the sounds are recorded and the statistics for advertisers are collected.

DepositPhotos

If in a conversation there are many words of a certain topic (for example: repair, clothing), the application sends to the Network data on the most important topics. frequent. Then you are offered advertising the right things, and you happily buy, wondering where it came from, this dashing advertising.

3. All your likes, comments, reposts and clicks on links do not disappear without a trace. Only you can forget them, not social media. This information is carefully analyzed and permanently assigned to the user. To know more about you, to offer and sell more. You only need one thing, one thing. click on.

DepositPhotos

We are forced to buy what is not really necessary. Advertisers rejoice, in 2017, the number of spontaneous purchases increased by 30% over the year. And it keeps growing.

4. There is a theory that Facebook tracks the location of its users. Remember how often you turned on the geolocation or noted the cafe where you dined, noted friends. And then you were offered to visit an interesting place, an event near your home, work.

DepositPhotos

Familiar? And many go, even I went to concerts that Facebook offered me! You could save time and money at least. But now the Internet knows what music and food I am interested in.

5. Until 2017, Google had a special project called Tango. He meant the creation of a mobile platform for a smartphone that would accurately transmit room plan. It would also be easy to determine what is in the room, what works and what is missing.

DepositPhotos

Officially, Tango was closed as unnecessary, and never launched. But it was replaced by a new ARCore app that basically does the same thing. connect the digital world with the physical world.

I would not be surprised if, having updated the old programs once again, I notice the possibility of transmitting the data I have already seen, not just the data I have heard.

6. It will not be superfluous to mention that phone numberThe account you set up to restore your account will not only be known to you. There is no secret information, it only seems to us.

DepositPhotos

The protection and security of the user profile is necessary primarily for the owners of the social network. In order not to lose valuable, years of accumulated information about you.

If you delve into the subject surveillanceI don’t think it’s just social media that does this. What prevents the authorities from knowing all the background of their citizens: what they think and say, what they read and write, where, when and with whom they meet?

To protect yourself online, just keep your mouth shut will not work. The ideal option is to swap the multifunctional assistant for an old button friend from the 2000s. But the minimum necessary must be observed.

DepositPhotos Network Security
  1. Use your phone. talk-only And don't download questionable apps.
  2. Do not comment, do not like and do not follow advertising and suspicious links.
  3. Turn off data transmission, geolocation and the Internet when you have completed your search.
  4. There is no secret of correspondence. Do not share important information, and indeed any, through messengers and chats.
  5. For personal life, bank cards and social networks, get separate phone cards.
  6. Remember, social media is about fictionalThe one they're trying to drag us into. After all, it is very easy to manage users using its well-built algorithms. Talk to real people and in real time.

DepositPhotos

I don't care. Who's watching me now?I want them to stop this immediately! To be honest, I am a hostage of technological progress, a hostage of social networks, news and new pictures from friends. Because it's so interesting.

I don't want to admit it's an addiction, but I can't without my smartphone. However, from today on, I will try to look out the minibus window or talk to a fellow traveler, rather than flipping through the news feed. And please, dear reader, take care of yourself and be sure to tell your children about online safety. Caution never hurts.

Write to us in the comments, did you notice that behind you surveilOr do you think it's fiction?

Take care and share important information with your friends!

Tags

See also

New and interesting