Adventures of a daughter-in-law who became pregnant and refused to visit her mother-in-law

Living with her husband's mother I don’t think many women want to be under one roof. After all, every young woman wants to have her own home, her own corner, where only the closest people like her husband and children will be. The mother-in-law, as a rule, does not apply to those whom you want to see from morning to night. Of course, there are different situations.

Today's edition. "Site" The story of a woman who suddenly ceased to find a common language with her mother-in-law. What is the reason that drives both women and how they still resolve the conflict, so as not to spoil the life of either themselves or loved ones?

At first I had a good relationship with Pasha’s mother. But when she found out that after we got married, we planned to move into my one-bedroom apartment and live separately, her attitude changed dramatically. And it changed for the worse, writes Irina.

“At first she insisted that we should live in her large apartment and rent mine out. Then she began to reproach Pasha that he was going to leave her, and after all, she was already “an elderly and lonely woman.” True, the mother-in-law is not even retired, although she does not work anywhere.”

“Then she seemed to accept our position, but demanded that her husband visit her every day after work. And every weekend, the two of us have to visit her. My husband is a gentleman and could not disagree. Especially since she otherwise threatened to stop talking to us altogether.”

“The fact that my husband was late every day after work soon started to annoy me. I was pregnant and needed his attention. And she stopped going to her mother-in-law, because it was hard (and did not really want to, in truth).

“Pasha began to visit his mother less often. That's when she started coming to us. He'll come back in the dark while Pasha's at work, and he'll tell me all sorts of things. She says it was because of me that her son abandoned her. Always looking for what I did wrong to indicate which of me is a bad mistress.

You have to endure and listen to the claims “I’m not so educated to answer her in her style.” I can't stop letting her on the doorstep. Pasha is already worried about her mother, and I don't want to make things worse, I don't want to ruin the relationship. It is therefore necessary to tolerate and listen silently to her grievances.”

“I don’t know what’s wrong with her or why she treats me like that. Another would be glad that the children have a separate housing, and the mother-in-law manages to find a problem here. I suspect that she will not be happy with her grandson, the young woman complains.

Blaming your daughter-in-law for all her sins and calling her a bad mistress is not the best way to build a normal relationship. Here. mother-in-law It looks pretty strange because she's pushing her son away. It looks like ordinary jealousy under the guise of motherly love.

In any case, it seems right that young They live separately, have their own territory and do not depend on anyone. However, with the mother of her husband, the daughter-in-law should still build a normal relationship. It will be better for both sides. Therefore, it is necessary to talk, not to be silent in response to claims, but to build a dialogue on equal terms. Finding a common language will be easier.

Tags

See also

New and interesting