When there is no escape from the heat, I cook Jewish cold soup, life immediately becomes easier

At university I was lucky not only to gain good knowledge, but also to make a friend for life. When we arrived for practice in Kyiv, we were immediately assigned to departments. We did our internship at the same research institute. I ended up in a department where one wonderful woman worked. She was very smart and, as it turned out later, she was an excellent cook. As I later learned, Jewish women generally love to eat delicious food. She taught me how to cook this masterpiece cold beet soup .

After a week of practice, she invited me and a couple of other people to visit her. During this time we became very close friends and she wanted to treat us to delicious homemade food. She always repeated: “The main thing is to choose the right ingredients and then even the most ordinary dish will sparkle with new colors.” It was June and the heat was incredible. Everyone dreamed of coolness and a breath of fresh air. It is this soup that gives incredible freshness and cools in the heat. Our new friend treated us to her signature cold beet soup.

Cold beet soup is the key to family happiness. Much later, I managed to ask her for the recipe. Now in the summer I only cook it. The whole family is delighted and definitely asks for more. By the way, it was thanks to this cold soup that my husband proposed to me. He simply couldn’t imagine his life without this wonderful dish. I decided to share the recipe for this cold beet soup. Perhaps it is thanks to him that someone will find happiness like me or simply cool down in the sultry heat.

First boil a couple of potatoes and carrots. I always take the medium size. You also need to boil or bake one beet. I take larger beets and always vinaigrette so that they are red. The main secret to preparing this dish is fresh aromatic herbs. We will need a whole bunch of aromatic dill, which we chop finely. We put it directly into the pan in which we will cook the soup. We also add finely chopped green onions to the dill. Press it all down a little with a mortar so that the greens release the juice.

Next we need to cut the pre-cooled and peeled potatoes and carrots into small cubes. We put all this into the pan with the greens. Next we will need two medium fresh cucumbers. We also cut them into small cubes. The smaller and neater the cubes are, the richer the flavor of our soup will be. Following the cucumbers, two hard-boiled eggs go into the pan. I also chop them finely. And the last step is adding beets to the soup. I don’t like chopped beets, so I grate them on a fine grater. But here, as they say, whoever likes it more.

Recipe for delicious cold beet soup All that remains is to add salt to your taste and add sour cream. I take sour cream of medium fat content, but add it very generously. And again, whoever likes it more. Next I squeeze out the juice of one lemon. I really like the sourness in this soup. If there is no lemon, you can replace it with citric acid or apple cider vinegar. Again, everything depends on taste and preference. Afterwards I mix all the ingredients thoroughly. The final touch is to add purified drinking water. If you like, you can replace it with mineral water. But I like regular water better.

The aromatic cold beet soup is ready. Can be served immediately. Every year I look forward to the summer so I can make this incredible dish again.

Tags

See also

New and interesting