Weekly diet family around the world

American photographer Peter Menzel and a half years has traveled 46 countries and asked local families to provide weekly diet and its cost.
Menzel chose the average family - income, number of children and lifestyle.
We look at his project Hungry Planet:

German family from the town of Bertihayd Melander. The cost of food for a week for 4 people was 375, 39 euros (500 dollars and 7 cents). My favorite meal of the family: fried potatoes with onions, bacon and herring, fried noodles with eggs and cheese, pizza, vanilla pudding. In the picture you can see that in a diet dominated by meat, bread, vegetables, a lot of alcoholic and soft drinks store.

Family-Kutta Cassese Erpeldang out of town, Luxembourg. The cost of food for a week for 4 people was 347, 64 euros (465 dollars and 84 cents). My favorite food is family pizza with shrimp, chicken in wine sauce and Turkish kebabs. The picture shows that the predominant bread, pizza, alcohol, fruits:

Lemon family from the town of Montreux, France. The cost of food for a week for 4 people was 315, 17 euros (419 dollars and 95 cents). My favorite meal of the family: pasta carbonara, apricot tarts, Thai cuisine. The picture shows that the predominant factory products and some fruit:

Brown family from the town of Riviere-View, Australia. The cost of food for a week for 7 people was 481, 14 Australian dollars (376 dollars and 45 cents). My favorite meal of the family: Australian peaches, tart yogurt. The picture is dominated by a huge amount of meat, store drinks and refined foods, fruits:

Melanson family from the town of Iqaluit, Canada (Arctic territory). The cost of food for a week for 5 people was $ 345. Favorite food families: meat narwhal and polar bear, pizza with cheese, watermelon. The picture shows that the predominant meat, fish, vegetables, factory products:

Tags

See also

New!

Subscribe to our groups in social networks!

New and interesting