Son and wife asked to stay with us, we did not mind, until we learned that we were asking for another guest.

In our family unfolded a comedy drama called “Who is an aristocrat and how to fight him?” My son and wife recently asked me to move in. My wife and I have a lot of room. But there was a nuance. The mother of the daughter-in-law also asks for permanent residence. The lady is not simple, with very high conceit and noble manners. The situation is, of course, on the amateur...

Who's an aristocrat? When the son of Artem brought his lady’s heart to us, my wife and I accepted everything as it is. The boy fell in love, it was visible to the naked eye. Only the girl was... I'd like to put it mildly. In short, from another test.

Emilia was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. Mom at the post in Oblono, big shot in our city, doctor of philology in addition. A real aristocracy. At least that's what she said. Margarita Ilyinichna even applied to a special office. There, her family tree was scoured. Found some noble count roots in the N-th tribe. What can you say, this is a man's quirks.

We are working class people, ordinary people. I worked all my life: I was a construction worker, my wife was a pediatrician in the hospital. They raised two children, earned themselves both a three-room apartment and a dacha. We're not shy, but we're not.

The high-born mother-in-law of the children we married. But for the daughter-in-law's high-born mother, we were too "simple." Therefore, they tried once again with the matchmaker not to call each other’s eyes. We met very rarely, on holidays. With her husband Margarita Ilyinichna divorced 15 years ago and hit the career. She had few friends. Therefore, stories about his grandiose genius matchmaker put in our ears. Whether we wanted it or not.

Sometimes she came to our country house. She praised nature and our hospitality, but she never touched a finger. All questions about the housekeeping are past. As long as you lie in a hammock, read a book or walk in the forest.

When the children gave us grandchildren, it only got worse. The matchmaker took them more and more. She must have been turning us against her. Kids come to our village and their noses turn. The aristocratic grandmother takes her abroad to the resort, and here is a river and a forest. Too simple grandparents to give them. We were hurt. Yeah, we don't have a degree, but somehow we raised two kids. I want to believe that good and decent people.

When the children grew up and sprouted out of the nest, my wife and I stayed in our apartment. At first it was empty and sad. Too much room for the two of us. But then we got used to it and even got into the taste. To live in old age is a good thing.

And there was an accident recently. My son came and made an unexpected request. He asked us to stay with his wife and children. They rented an apartment, but Artem burned out with business. Now they don't have enough money, they can't afford rent. Two more children are going to school soon.

Of course we agreed. How can my mother refuse to help me? The wife was even happy: now she will be able to spend more time with her grandchildren and see her son more often.
But the surprise didn't end there. The son received our consent, and then asked to let our dear matchmaker into the apartment. Margarita Ilyinichna unexpectedly for all of us was reduced, and then sent to retirement. Here are the children and decided to take some time to give her one and save money for the future.

Who is an aristocrat for such a turn we were not ready. Jutting in one living space all over, and even with a stranger. The wife stood up. Where does it fit: three housewives in one apartment? In addition, two of them are aristocratic. Here count the hours to the first major quarrel and scandal. And I wasn't thrilled with that idea. Why do we even need that?

The son continued to sit enthusiastically. They say it's a great option. We already live in the country from spring to autumn and will not notice the presence of our mother-in-law. She will look after her grandchildren, take them to school and to mugs. “And continue to screw up children, against grandparents to set up,” I thought then.

My wife and I consulted and gave our son a verdict. We will accept him and Emilia, granddaughters too, and let Margarita Ilyinichna stay in her apartment. The son will sort things out, establish a business and return to his former life. We'll help him with the money. We have nothing for our children and grandchildren.

And a stranger with arrogant manners we do not need at home. There is no reason for grandchildren to listen all day long to who an aristocrat is and how he is better than mere mortals. We are used to a quiet life and are not going to change anything.

My son still believes we'll change our minds. Also, the daughter-in-law adds fuel to the fire - she wants her mother next to her. But we are absolutely on our own. Bringing a matchmaker into your home is not a good idea. Especially since the situation is not critical. Such radical measures are useless.

But the offended aristocracy continues to haunt. How to resolve this issue and not to quarrel with everyone to pieces? Please help me with advice!

Tags

See also

New and interesting