At the age of 30, my son brought home a girl and said he was going to marry her, but I didn’t like the daughter-in-law right away.

It’s been a year and a half since my son finally got married. I was looking forward to this event, and my wedding gift was ready for a long time. But no one ever liked him until he was 30. I already thought that it was not my destiny to see my grandchildren, when suddenly he brought home a pretty girl and said: “Mama, meet me, this is my bride!” Honestly, I didn’t like my daughter-in-law right away, but there was a good reason for that. I couldn’t believe her love after the divorce.

Despite her very young age, at 23, Tanya was already divorced and left with a small two-year-old child in her arms. Of course, when I met, I did not know this, and I could hardly guess - she still looked like a child. My son told me about the details a month later. I was very surprised, I immediately thought that there was something unclean. But I decided to keep quiet, because my son has his own life and the apartment he got from his grandfather, so it is not for me to live with my daughter-in-law. That all changed on Christmas Eve when he and his son decided to surprise me.

From the experience of my sister, I can say that divorce, especially with a child in your arms, is not easy. So I couldn't help but wonder what caused it. My son’s answer also seemed suspicious: I didn’t get along with my mother-in-law. That's how bad it was to get along. As long as I did not ask him, the son did not confess what was the matter. I told her that Tanya would tell her if I asked her.

"Mom, don't worry. Tanya is a very good person, you will definitely love her, my son assured me. And I believed him, because before that, all the decisions he made were always considered. And his eyes burned with such love that my mother's heart melted.

I figured he didn't bring her to my house, right? He has his own apartment and inherited it from his grandfather. And the girl looked very quiet and modest, although very young. So I did not stay away from the wedding and, as planned, gave the young people a car – money for this gift I have long saved. My son also had a long time, but still could not save up for a car. He had just finished repairing the apartment.

Unsplash And New Year and Christmas we have already celebrated together. Me, my sister with my nephews, my son with my daughter-in-law and my adopted grandson. And if on New Year’s Eve everyone brought something of their own, then on Christmas Eve I set the table, because in our family everyone is waiting for my branded dumplings. I make three types so that sweets are also for dessert. All in all, Tanya was happy and my son was smiling at all 32. That night, my heart finally broke. And Tatiana's son turned out to be a nice boy.

I didn't notice the last year. The whole family was so busy that we didn’t have time to meet. And so, on Christmas Eve, a call from Tanya: "Come Christmas Eve to celebrate." Paul and I have a surprise for you.” Even though we usually celebrate Christmas at my house, I agreed. As it turned out, I was waiting for not one surprise, but two.

Said I'd be back, about five o'clock in the evening. But Tanjechka was adamant, she asked me to come early. So on a festive morning at 10, I was visiting my daughter-in-law. She met me in slippers and an apron, and I can see she just came from the kitchen. He raises his eyes to me and so quietly, almost childishly, he says, “Teach me how to cook dumplings, please.” Last year, you were so good, you didn’t have to go. Your son loves them very much, and I can't do that. Teach them?” How could I say no?

I love cooking, especially since I have really special dishes. But my daughter, to whom I could pass the family recipe, never had. So Tanjechka and I went to get food together and started sculpting dumplings. Lots of stuff! There are four types: with cabbage, potatoes with mushrooms, meat and, of course, with cherries.

While standing in the kitchen, she finally told me why she didn't get along with her last mother-in-law. It turns out that Tanya did not know how to cook and farm, and her mother-in-law constantly pestered her for this, often descending to insults. The girl was only 19 years old then, a normal mother-in-law would have taken and taught everything.

However, Tanya said that they had a completely different order in the village, and her husband from his first marriage never stood up for her, tried to please his mother in everything.

In this case, the divorce deserves respect. And she was not afraid of her mother-in-law leaving her husband, even with a child. At this difficult moment for Tanya, she met with my son, and he saved her life, as she says. I am also glad that I raised such a good man.

The jams turned out to be excellent, but, in addition to the long-awaited history of acquaintance, I was waiting for pleasant news. It turns out that Tanya is expecting a child from her second marriage, now I will have two grandchildren! And my son has a promotion at work, so they're doing great. I can't be happy with this news. And my daughter-in-law and I call more often now, because we really got along, as my son said.

Tags

See also

New and interesting