The other day, my daughter-in-law suddenly called, said that she had a serious conversation with me, that's a surprise.

Galina Petrovna for a long time worried that her son won't marry. His 40th birthday was approaching, but he still lived alone and didn’t even think about getting married. However, a woman appeared in his life.

The son of a wise and experienced woman did not like him. The mother-in-law and daughter-in-law had a strained relationship until one day the girl called her husband's mother with a serious proposal. Why this phone call once and for all changed the life of Galina Petrovna, read further in the article.

I raised my son alone. It was hard, but I'm not complaining. It's better than living with a tyrant. My goal was to make my child the happiest in the world. I had to work overtime, ask friends to help with the baby at first.

And this is despite the fact that I lived with my mother. But she flatly refused to take part in the life of her grandson. My mom blamed me for not even trying to save my marriage. Like, I could endure for the sake of Vasya living in a full family.

My mom and I were constantly fighting, so my goal was to have my own apartment or at least a rented one. When my son was 5 years old, we finally moved out. It was the happiest time. Vasya knew the world, and I helped him. It seemed to me that there was no one in the whole world happier than us.

His son studied diligently because he knew from an early age that he needed a good education. He graduated from school with a gold medal and entered the capital's university. How sad I was when we broke up.

I couldn't find a place. I was wondering how my beloved Vasenka would live without me. But he quickly adapted to his new life. For a long time I could not accept that the rest of my life will be spent alone.

His son was successful Vasya studied as a programmer, found a good job. He even started sending me money, even though I didn’t ask him to. Time passed, and the son never got married. I'm starting to worry, but what if he's one of these? Of course, we didn’t talk to him about such topics. I didn't want to get into his personal life.

But every year I was worried more and more. Vasya said that he will build his country house. He was 35 at the time. He still sponsored me, if I may say so. But we didn't see each other very often. Mostly my son came to me on holidays. And one day Vasya reported that he had a girlfriend. And his house is ready.

I was excited about the first and the second. The son brought to meet his chosen one. I wanted to cook a family dinner, but Vasya said he would pay for the restaurant. Her name is Natasha, and I didn't like her right away.

There was something repulsive about her. Maybe it's because she's from the province, and I'd like my son to be paired with someone who's his equal. There’s no question about taste, especially if it’s your kids.

Soon the son announced that he was getting married. I knew it would take us away once and for all. But I'm not used to living without Vasi! So I just accepted that fact. Six months after the wedding, something happened that I never expected.

One day my daughter-in-law called me and told me that she had a serious conversation with me. I was scared at first. But here's what happened. Natasha suggested that I move to their house with Vasya. There's plenty of room, and they want to take me home. I was taken aback by the surprise.

It turned out that Natasha lost her mother early. She wants to see me more than a couple of times a year. And she does not mind living with her mother-in-law. I have my own room, bathroom and even kitchen. Oh, what a miracle! Of course I agreed. And I will rent out my apartment - there is no extra penny!

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? Relationships between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law are not always bad. Sometimes such touching stories happen. We can only be happy for Galina Petrovna. She was so worried. It seems her son chose a worthy woman!

Tags

See also

New and interesting