Returned home with a bunch of gifts, but the delivery service lost the suitcase, which had hotels for her son and daughter-in-law.

Is it worth worrying about, family For the holidays? In the sense that a huge number of people give their relatives some trinkets or at best just money. Sometimes you can just agree in advance, because everyone is already adults and knows better what they would like as a gift.

Peels is especially strange to hear claims from older, established relatives who are unhappy with their presents. It's like someone owes them something. But, believe me, in large families you can see and not that. And why do some people continue to suffer such complaints and lamentations? After all, personal moral state is more important than other people’s “wants”.

My daughter-in-law constantly bothers me with his reproaches about gifts. She says I love my daughter more than my son. I care more about her, too. I have two children and I love them equally. And so in my old age, I got another relative who does nothing but ruin my nervous system. I don't even know how to deal with it.

My husband and I raised our kids the way we thought was right. They didn’t put them in their shoes, but they didn’t have to. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to spend as much time with my kids at their young age as I wanted. The fact that 10 years ago I decided to go to work in another country to help the family financially and generally see how people live there.

Since then, the husband has been raising his son and daughter. But, of course, under my guidance. We used to call each other and I could talk to the kids for a long time, even though I was thousands of miles away. It was just an opportunity. And once a year I would come over for a month or so and we would spend that time together.

I managed to save some money, but I was well aware that they should not dust under the pillow. In addition, the children grew up and began to live their lives. My daughter got married first. And as a gift for her wedding, we gave her money so that the young family could make the first and largest mortgage payment. I think it's a good boost for a strong marriage.

The daughter was very happy, she thanked me and my husband. Even his son-in-law moved. I don't even remember what the groom's parents gave me, to be honest. For me, if you have a chance, help. If not, what can you do about it? It's okay.

His son married second. I didn't talk too much to my future daughter-in-law, and I guess it was a waste. She's small, thin herself. But, Lord, there is so much anger and negativity in it. Of course, when she has to, she smiles. But even my son agrees with me that she has a tough temper. Apparently, she balances it with its small size and cute look, like these pocket dogs, which constantly growl and tremble, although they weigh like kittens.

Peels Dumb daughter-in-law Anyway, things didn't work out with her from the start. I also gave money for their wedding. But the son decided that they would go not to solve the housing problem, but to buy a car. They are currently renting an apartment near the city. This makes them more comfortable, because the commute to work takes a few minutes for both. But what to do when you have to go to the business center?

They have their own family, and they have their own family. But my daughter-in-law thought I was the one who got my son to take the car. She wanted to spend that money on the perfect vacation. That, in my opinion, investing is even more irrational than a car. I think you can get anywhere in the city by bus. But it's me, not the younger generation, what do I understand?

Peels What to give family For a month since I returned home, forever. Of course, without gifts I could not come. I thought I'd give it to my family. I picked up a whole mountain of gift bags. I didn’t hurt anyone; everyone had enough. But the delivery service failed, and one of the bags was lost. I even kept a check. And whose bag didn't come home? Of course, with gifts for his son and daughter-in-law.

It was very uncomfortable to make excuses to them, but what could I do? My son just smiled and cheered me up. Said he was the one who needed me to haul presents. But now the daughter-in-law inflated her nostrils and just kept silent. We supposedly celebrated my arrival and had a great time. Everything seemed to settle down and everyone was happy.

And just yesterday, I learned from another of my relatives that the daughter-in-law goes and tells each person I meet that I did not bring anything to them specifically so that there was more money for gifts for her daughter. You know what kind of character that is? I had nothing else to do, but to do the tricks before I got home.

I don’t know what to do with my son’s wife. If she keeps making stuff up about me, that's how my grandchildren treat me. Believe me, I know that kind of woman. Vengeful and eternally evil. Why not? Who's gonna take it down? I am glad that she really loves her son. That’s good, love is good for marriage. But what do I do?

And more. I never thought about it, but recently it came to my mind. My husband to my daughter-in-law is the second dad. She loves and respects him. They are at least very human and respectful. Just so you know, her husband hasn't even given her chocolates all the time. Of course, he is silent and does not go to confrontation, but I, in fact, provided them with the car. Mother-in-law, not father-in-law!

Peels How is it that she has no complaints about my husband, and she has a lot of complaints about me? I do not consider myself a bad or quarrelsome person. For example, I have the best feelings for my son-in-law, he is a great husband for my daughter and a good family man. So why is this petty misunderstanding so negative to me? And most importantly, how to set it up in a normal way? Honestly, the problem arose out of the blue, and how to solve it – I do not mind. Who can advise what to do?

Tags

See also

New and interesting