When I want a really tasty cottage cheese, I cook it myself, you can not buy it in the store.

I cook homemade cottage cheese in the oven when there is homemade milk and my daughter and granddaughter talk about trawlers, cottage cheese with sour cream and greens or with honey, berries and fruits. However, now we cook cottage cheese in the oven, we can say, on holidays, since Katya, from whom we buy excellent milk, began to come to the market much less often.

Homemade cottage cheese in the oven

Before. cottage cheese They cooked once a week for two or three days. Of course, there is no more wonderful cottage cheese, heated in the oven. But in ordinary gas or electric frying, it turns out to be soft and tender, very tasty.

You can do it, too. At first, it may seem too troublesome. Believe me, it is to appear: once or twice you will worry, train your eye, hand and sense of time, and then everything will go like butter (okay, cottage cheese). Remember: the main thing is not to overheat sour milk. But “underheating” will not benefit a whimsical and very useful product.

If homemade milk has just been milked, still warm, then it should be cooled for several hours. When the cream rises up, put a jar of milk for a day or two (in the heat, the milk will sour faster) in a warm place so that the milk is sufficiently acidic.

How do you know that? Look closely: between the layer of sour cream and yogurt, a thin layer of whey appeared, and when scrolling the can, the yogurt moves more slowly than the jar in your hand? So it's time to cook homemade cottage cheese in the oven.

How to make homemade cottage cheese

You can take your sour cream off, or you can't take it off. But if you like cottage cheese with sour cream, then take it off in a separate dish and store it in the refrigerator. If the jar is under a plastic lid, remove it and cover the tin. Put the yogurt in the cold oven. Let it heat up with the milk. The initial temperature is 80°C.

Now keep your eye (not your ear!) straight. When you notice longitudinal strips on yogurt through the glass of the jar, slightly deepened into the clot that begins to form, and gas bubbles begin to rise upwards, reduce the temperature to 60 ° C. As soon as a curd clot about half the size of the can below has separated from the serum, turn off the oven.

Let the can of cottage cheese cool in the oven turned off to such warmth when it is not too hot to hold it through the kitchen towel. The optimal heating temperature of yogurt in the jar is about 50 ° C. It is with it that a gentle, rather dense and juicy cottage cheese is obtained in layers, and not dry crumbs.

At first, it is good to note how much time it takes for each stage of cottage cheese formation while it is in the oven. So gradually develop a feeling that tells you when it is time to lower the temperature, turn off the oven, take out the can, strain its contents. On a deep pan or bowl, put a badge lined with a large napkin of thin linen or four-folded gauze, and throw there still warm cottage cheese. When the visible serum strains, pour it into a separate dish. And the cottage cheese must be squeezed, removing the remains of the serum from it. If you do not do this, you risk getting a sour product.

Homemade cottage cheese: serving

So, wrap a lump of cottage cheese in a "bag" from the napkin in which he is still in the dummy, cover the resulting nodule with a clean plate, and put a booby on it - a can of water will fit. And all this pyramid: a pot / bowl, a dummy, a knot with cottage cheese, a plate and oppression - put it in the cold. In the refrigerator or in a cool place.

It is most convenient to cook in the evening. So it's going to take a night to do the pressing. You sleep well. And in the morning you will wake up, get a cool moist nodule from under a homemade “press”, put cottage cheese on a dish, inhale its appetizing creamy smell and, of course, you will taste it with pleasure - delicious!

From three liters of milk, 500-700 grams of cottage cheese are obtained. You say a lot of tinkering, time, waste? Well, for those who have cows and other livestock, waste is no problem. Serum isn't waste at all. It is better than water for the test for dumplings, pancakes, cakes. Could be a great base for okroshka.

Half a liter of whey is 20-50% of the daily requirement of our body in B vitamins, calcium, magnesium, potassium and only 100 kilocalories. It is good to drink everyone, except those who have lactose intolerance, bowel disease or gallbladder during exacerbation. And it's good for facial skin. What kind of waste is that?

And your soft, juicy, tender, delicious cottage cheese goes well with bananas, berries, dried fruits, honey... Fresh greens. Mm-hmm! I just want to purr with pleasure... Then you'll tell me how your cottage cheese worked in the oven, okay? And you can share your own recipe. Good health and good luck to you!

Tags

See also

New and interesting