Aunt Galya from Odessa taught me to cook a branded caviar from blue, starting preparations while the season is in full swing.

In summer, I often remember my first visit to Odessa, when we stopped at the Fountain, at Aunt Gali’s. She threw dinner "for dating." Everything was very tasty, but the signature eggplant caviar according to Aunt Galin's recipe conquered us from the first try.

Eggplant caviar

Peels - Aunt Galya, your eggplant caviar - a miracle! - we vyingly sprinkled compliments.
- Ha! They'll tell me about the caviar! "Eggplant caviar!" mocked Galya. - Blue caviar, blue caviar! The mistress, they do not know! – at the same time indignant, surprised by our drowsiness, the hostess and seemed to regret it. We’ll do it together tomorrow, right?

As they say, to be very yes, so no. But I agreed just in case. And I'm still grateful to say that eggplant, that is, caviar from blue (not to be confused with blue - we are talking about chickens, when you need to bring down the price) - this is the signature dish of Odessa's Aunt Gali.

Look, until the season, let's do this summer party together, huh? To begin with, prepare one portion to learn “not how, not haloimes, but to super-duper”, as my mentor said.

You're gonna need some blue caviar.
  • 1 eggplant
  • 1 Bulgarian pepper
  • 1 tomato
  • 1-2 teeth. garlic
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • salt
  • black pepper
  • vinegar
  • green

Preparation
  1. Vegetables take large, pepper and tomato - also fleshy. Heat the oven to 180-200 degrees. Washing and drying eggplant and pepper, lubricate them with vegetable oil and bake until the skin rises on the fruits and tans appear. Immediately remove them from the oven and put them in plastic bags for a few minutes so that there is no air access. It's easy to separate the skin.
  2. On the washed tomato you make a cross-shaped incision, immerse the fruit for 30 seconds in boiling water, and then in ice water and, removing the skin, squeeze the excess juice. You peel off eggplant and pepper. You rinse the pepper in a solution of salt, then the remaining grains and burnt pieces of skin will quickly go away.

3. Vegetables are finely cut with a special cutter, it is lighter and thinner than a meat cutter. You cut the garlic finely. You combine everything and slowly, thoroughly stir. Try it. And then you add them to your taste. By the way, vegetable oil and vinegar can not be added: when baking vegetables so reveal their taste that seasonings may seem superfluous.
  4. It is best to serve caviar on dried slices of black bread. Bon appetit!

Editorial: eggplant caviar

Having enjoyed yourself enough, you will surely want to treat your loved ones to Aunt Galin and now with your masterpiece - caviar from blue. Then the ingredients will be the same, but their number will increase.

For 1 kilogram of eggplant, take 500 grams of pepper, 4 tomatoes of scum, 3-4 large cloves of garlic, about 50 grams of vegetable oil (or less, to taste). Seasonings and salt add to the finished caviar, having previously tasted it, so that the caviar was successful “the most tsimes”, as Aunt Galya said.

Participation of assistants is welcome, especially in order to finely and evenly sow vegetables. I want everyone to be healthy with this caviar!

Tags

See also

New and interesting