Sailing from Odessa, the French left recipes for their signature lush pastry

I'm sure your family has its own. bagel. Is it possible to cook this dish in such a way as to surprise someone? Today, I'm going to show you how to make simple bagels into airy pastries that look like little croissants. The house will beg for more!

To prepare air croissants, we will make dough based on kefir. Inside you can put absolutely any filling. In our case, it will be a sight. But also suitable cottage cheese or chocolate with nuts, for example.

The ingredients
  • 200ml kefir
  • 100 ml of milk
  • 4 tbsp wheat flour
  • 1 tsp dry yeast
  • 200g butter
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • filler

Preparation
  1. First of all, we'll make a pair. To do this, slightly warm the milk and mix it with yeast. Also add sugar and salt. Stir it all up and let the dog get up for about 5 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, paint butter in a water bath. Mix the eggs one at a time into the melted butter. Then mix the opar and kefir. Combine these ingredients and then gradually add flour. Mixed elastic dough, which should fall behind the hands.
  3. You don't have to put the dough in the open. But if you have time, give him about an hour to rest. Do not forget to cover it with food film or a waffle towel.
  4. The finished dough is divided into a couple of parts and roll each into a cake. Then divide the dough into 8 sectors, like cutting a pizza. On the wide edge of each piece, put a little apple seed. Then roll each bagel from wide edge to narrow.

5. Put all the blanks on a pan covered with parchment. Cover them with a towel and let them rest for 20 minutes. Then, if desired, you can lubricate each croissant with milk or egg yolk. But that's not necessary. Bake croissants in the oven at 180 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. They need to get a good roar. Bon appetit!

In this recipe, butter can be replaced with margarine, and dry yeast - alive. The ratio of live yeast to dry yeast is 3:1. It turns out that 30 g of pressed yeast is easily replaced by 10 g of dry. Take note of this life hack!

Today's recipe for bagels with a saw is good because such pastries can be cooked both in the oven and in the pan. However, in the second case, the dish will be more fatty, since you will have to fry on a large amount of vegetable oil. I wonder if you like desserts like that.

If you like more classic recipes of bagels that do not look like croissants, on our site you will find many options. For example, my colleague Anastasia Chubar showed how to bake cottage cheese bagels according to the recipe of Ukrainian food blogger Lilia Zvit.

Nastya also shared another successful recipe. These are bagels on milk and sour cream with cherry stuffing. I think it's a very interesting combination. What do you say?

Tell me, how does your family make bagels with stuffing? I'll be waiting for you in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting