American psychologist explained why it is useful for babies to make up

When I see moms or makeup artists doing makeupI'm getting uncomfortable. Am I so conservative, does it really look weird sometimes? I do not understand why young faces, beautiful by nature, put a layer of plaster. I wonder what psychologists say about this. Can I or should I? We discuss an interesting issue later in the article.

Very often, little girls become interested in cosmetics because they want to be like their mothers. The first acquaintance, as a rule, occurs when the baby secretly sneaks into the makeup and begins to smear everything that comes under her hands. In the worst case, the distribution also includes walls with other surfaces of the room.

To satisfy the curiosity of the child, the mother can buy a set of special baby cosmetics for her daughter. However, it happens that women allow their children to make up ordinary cosmetics, not seeing anything wrong with it. As it turns out, so do some experts.

For example, Tamar Kahane emphasizes that there are reasons for any childish act. American psychologist specializes in working with children and adolescents. She explains that with the help of cosmetics children can Show your individuality and just communicate with the world around you.

So the child takes on a different role. Remember how babies (and boys including) put on mom’s shoes with heels and arrange a show in front of the mirror. This is exactly the case. Children inherit their parents’ behavior and want to be like them.

Problems begin when a child wants to put cosmetics on his face at any convenient opportunity. In other words, without her the girl does not like. Psychologists advise you to say this point and understand why your daughter began to treat makeup this way.

Children's makeup can play a cruel joke with the child. What until recently was a way of self-expression and entertainment has become a mask without which a boy or girl can not feel comfortable. However, the same thing happens with adults. Such norms are dictated by society and mainstream culture.

If a child gets used to early makeup, it can negatively affect their self-esteem. In addition, the focus on cosmetics at an early age leads to fixation on their appearance.

I believe that it is the job of parents to make their children love themselves as they are. They didn’t try to change themselves with makeup. In most cases, makeup for children looks unnatural. This is clearly seen in children's photo shoots, when girls look much older than their years.

Many parents call makeup the obvious and expected stage of growing up. But there is a fine line between the desire for self-expression and the obsession with appearing prettier (and beauty these days is often interpreted as success).

There is a lot of responsibility on the shoulders of parents. They should convey to their daughters the main idea: without makeup, they remain as beautiful, cute and radiant. The layer of cosmetics on the face does not determine the importance and value of a person. It is beautiful simply because of its existence.

You might think I'm against makeup for kids. However, I only emphasize that everything should be in moderation. If the makeup becomes an obsession for a little girl, that’s a problem. However, this applies to any hobby that can at least somehow affect the mental state of the child.

This is a very interesting and controversial topic. So I'm asking you to tell me in the comments how do you feel about baby makeup?

Tags

See also

New and interesting