Unscrupulous neighbor used my Wi-Fi, I asked straight to my forehead how he could steal the Internet so brazenly.

If the Internet is slow, it can drive any user mad. After all, in our time through the Internet, people not only receive information and keep in touch with loved ones, but often work. Because if the same Wi-Fi for home If you do not live up to expectations, the person gets angry and tries to find the roots of the problems.

Today's edition. "Site" This is the story of a reader who discovers that his Internet is not working well. And trying to figure out the reasons, he suddenly “went out” not to the provider, but to an unscrupulous neighbor who brazenly stole the Internet.

I always thought that if my home Wi-Fi is password protected, no one else can connect here. I believed that only close people to whom I personally provided a password could use my Internet. But I was wrong, Andrey writes.

“It turns out that there are many programs that allow you to choose a password and connect to your neighbor’s Wi-Fi without any permission.” You don’t pay for the internet, but you do. And some people take advantage of this without any remorse.”

“At some point, the speed of the Internet stopped satisfying me. Like any normal person, I called the provider, complained. But he assured me I was fine. A friend who lives in a nearby entrance and uses the services of the same provider also said that everything is working fine. Then what's the problem?

To find out why I installed Wi-Fi Thief Detector on my smartphone. Although, in fact, there are many programs with such functionality. And I immediately found out that in addition to my smartphone and PC, some unknown laptop is connected to the router.

"Hmm, a laptop from Lenovo?" I immediately remembered that the neighbor on the staircase recently bought himself just such a laptop. Even bragged to me, asked me what is the best Internet home. It seems that the neighbor decided not to spend money and for more than a month “saves” at my expense.

I immediately changed my Wi-Fi password. And then I went to my neighbor’s house and asked him which provider he used. He began to justify that he had not yet chosen, not connected.

“When I asked him head-on if he was stealing my Internet, it became clear. The neighbor blushed, averted his eyes and muttered something incomprehensible. I didn't want to waste time on that. So he warned him of the unpleasant consequences and went home.”

Since then, the Internet has been working normally, my neighbor did not dare to break the password again. I think he has the internet, pays and uses it. From time to time, I check through my smartphone if there are any foreign devices. While to my home Wi-Fi “outsiders” do not connect, — said Andrey.

If the Internet is not functioning well, although it should work well, it is worth checking whether someone is connecting without permission. It is also worth changing the password from home Wi-Fi from time to time, because one of the neighbors may already have access to this connection.

Tags

See also

New and interesting