Cousin came to visit without warning, ate all our cutlets, my husband will be left without dinner.

It is great when people come to visit with whom you can have a good time. You arrange such a visit in advance and have time to prepare treats. However, guests are not always warned about the arrival. And often it is some distant relatives who believe that they are always obliged to receive and feed, that they are always waiting. Hospitable owners do not have much choice.

And today's edition. "Site" will share the story of a subscriber, to whom her cousin often uninvited, and even with a child. But in the end, all the relatives decided that it was a hospitable hostess. shamelessHer hospitality was over at one point.

It all started with the fact that my cousin Irina moved to our city. She inherited an apartment and decided that there was nothing to vacate. She began to deal with repairs, job searches and other things. I wasn't very interested in that. I have enough worries: home, husband, son-schooler, writes Maria.

“Yes, my husband and I were counting on a relative to invite us to visit, even thinking about what gift to buy for her. But instead, a cousin and daughter came to visit us. They showed up without warning on Saturday. I just decided to clean the house a little bit, but where is it? I had to give up everything, wash my hands and sit my dear guests at the table.”

“I asked my son to run off to the store for a cake for tea. Irina said that one tea and cake will not be enough, because they are very hungry. And I look at her and realize that I have almost nothing, I was not expecting anyone! I had to get the patties that my husband made for dinner.”

“I did not have time, as they say, to blink an eye, and the cutlets were out. I had to thaw the chicken and cook another dinner. After the hungry guests had a snack, only yesterday’s soup remained in the fridge. But my husband had to wait after work, because I certainly did not have time to cook the chicken in time.

“But Irina was in no hurry to leave. It turned out that late at night there was a show on TV that she and her daughter loved. They haven't moved the TV yet. While I was wondering what to say, the guests were already comfortable on the couch. We found the right channel and started staring at the screen.”

My husband complained that the TV was working loudly, so I went into the living room and turned it down a bit. But Irina protested that they could hear nothing, and returned everything. They left after midnight. Hopefully we won’t see these guests soon.

But a couple of days later, in the middle of the week, namely on Tuesday, Irina and her daughter again showed up in the evening. As I understand it, they came to dinner to make sure they didn't go hungry. Both the cake I recently baked and the imposing piece of ham melted without a trace.”

“When, late at night, after tea, her sister settled down on the sofa and reached for the remote control, her husband did not remain silent. “No TV, I’m tired, I have to get up early tomorrow,” my husband said firmly, taking the remote control from my sister. “Is it possible to receive guests like this” – Irina was indignant at first, but she did not find more words, she was silent. They quickly gathered and left.”

“The next morning, I started getting calls from relatives who Irina had complained to. And it became clear from their words that I was the most unscrupulous man in the world. After all, instead of taking a sister, sheltering and feeding, I almost drove her out into the street hungry. Although she is unemployed, with a child, and it is not easy for her now.

“It is not my fault. I'm not sorry for my cousin's patties or tea, it's okay if she watches my TV. But her impudence, unceremoniousness and tactlessness I do not like. How can you come and go whenever you want? And even with empty hands! – indignant Mary.

Of course, sometimes you can visit close people and without warning look, if you do not intend to stay for a long time. But it's better to warn. And going every other day without an invitation to your cousin to eat everything and sit at her until midnight is clearly a bad tone. Mary (and her husband) can be understood. Isn't that right?

Tags

See also

New and interesting