Why You Should Not Forgive Debts

Perhaps everyone once had to borrow money from loved ones or act as an “interest-free lender”. Seems normal. However, not everyone can demand it. debtEspecially relatives or friends.

And today's edition. "Site" will tell you how to solve the problem as delicately as possible, so that good relations do not destroy, and get your money back.

Money Return: I can be called a good friend. I am often approached by friends, including for financial assistance. And I help, sometimes to my own detriment. About a year ago I learned to say no. And I learned.

But the problem is that some friends still owe me money and don't seem to be in a hurry to pay me back. How do I hurry them up or remind them tactfully? It seems that I do not need much, but if you collect all the debts, you will get more than 30 thousand, and this is already noticeable. You can spend on vacation, for example, says 27-year-old Christina.

Embarrassment in such a situation is commonplace, but it should be eliminated. Just realize that this is your money, borrowing which you once helped a person. They will return to him with gratitude.

Another thing is that a person could forget about debt. He should be politely reminded of this. But if you are afraid that you will not be able to accurately and delicately convey your idea through text messages or by phone, then arrange a personal meeting, and be sure 1 to 1 so as not to embarrass the debtor with the presence of outsiders.

We will not be superfluous, arranging such a meeting, to hint to the interlocutor about what you want to talk to him: "Can we meet someday to discuss the funds that I lent you a couple of months ago?"

Surprisingly, in some cases, a person may perceive financial assistance as a gift. Therefore, you need to inform the debtor about the real state of affairs, for example: Remember, I lent you money last month. I hope you get them back by the 5th when I have to pay my rent.

It also happens that tactful reminders do not force the debtor to either start paying back debts or even apologize for a long wait. In this case, you should act more directly and clearly.

The question, "Do you know when you can get my money back?" is quite direct, but at the same time gentle. And try to get a specific answer to know the exact repayment. Unless, of course, you decide to back down and sacrifice money to keep the relationship going.

If the answer is vague explanations about “a couple of months”, then it is worth pushing the debtor to give a more specific answer. “I guess it’s three months from now and not a day later, right?”

Remember, the longer the debt remains unpaid, the harder it will be to pay it back. And if with small amounts it is really easier, as they say, to wave your hand, then with a large debt you need to demand more responsibility from the debtor.

How often have you been unable to get your money back?

Tags

See also

New and interesting