I went to my son and daughter-in-law in the morning and slapped a monstrous reprimand.

When two families live in an apartment, conflicts cannot be avoided. It is known that there is one owner in the house, and when it comes to different generations, it becomes even more difficult. Out of the kindness of her soul, Olga Stepanovna let her son and daughter-in-law live in her two-room apartment. They tried to live peacefully for a short time. The conflict broke out on the basis of disrespect for the personal space of the newlyweds.

Vova brought Anya to my apartment six months ago and said that they would temporarily stay with me while they were looking for suitable rental housing. I didn't rush them, let them live. I gave them a room, but there was a lot of my stuff. I couldn't put all my stuff together to make room for the temporary guests.

The apartment is as small as it is. But I'm still the hostess. I only enter their room when Vova and Anya are at work. I'm going to hang my clothes and put them in the closet. Sometimes I dust the room because the kids don't have time to read a book in this room. Before the newlyweds settled here, I had a library, all my cabinets with literature. So on weekdays, I rest in my chair reading a book.

Just as I used to go into my son’s room when he was little, I go in there now. But the daughter-in-law was busy, they say, do not enter, Olga Stepanovna, into our room and do not move our things - why would you suddenly? Am I not allowed to move freely in my own apartment without permission?

I don't see anything wrong with tidying up their room, they have to thank me. What I didn't see there. Yeah, I went into the room, got a can of pickles and gloves from the closet. Were you supposed to wait until night for her daughter-in-law to let her in?

Anya offered to bring all things to my room. Where do I put them? In the room of Vova is a large closet with things and shoes. It was all there and it will be, and the space for their belongings I have freed up as much as possible.

Be that as it may, Olga Stepanovna allowed her son and bride to live in her apartment. Yes, they live temporarily, and yes, the apartment still belongs to Olga Stepanovna. But while there's another family in the other room, you have to respect personal boundaries. Perhaps if most things Olga Stepanovna keeps in this room, it would be better if Vova and Anya moved to another room. But there is no guarantee that there are no important things in that room that Olga Stepanovna needs every day. In any case, it is better not to delay moving to your own or rented housing, so as not to spoil relations with your mother-in-law. What do you think about that?

Tags

See also

New and interesting