Confession of mother-in-law, secretly from daughter-in-law checking paternity of her grandchildren

“Family love and happiness are what my son deserved. It's been too long to apologize to him for crippling his life. I don’t know if he’ll forgive me, but I certainly won’t forgive myself for the rest of my life.

They say that good intentions pave the way to hell. Can a mother wish ill on her own child? Tatiana Vasilyevna always believed that she was protecting her son from a bad life. Only excessive care played a cruel joke against her son.

At the university, Igor met a girl, fell in love. He's smart and handsome, and she's nothing either: well-mannered, pretty. I didn't think they'd be serious. At the age of 18, love always seems eternal. Igor and Vera walked, went to the movies, and a year later he announced that he was going to get married. I said I was against it early.

Later we agreed with Igor that he would finish his studies and quietly plan a wedding, find a part-time job. He graduated from university, found a good job and very soon proposed to Vera. Then she made him happy that she was pregnant.

I was convinced that Igor is still a child, what kind of children at 23 can be? He needs to get back on his own, not put himself in two jobs for his family. Then I talked to Vera, said I could afford an abortion. She still has her whole life ahead of her, the child will not allow her to carry out all her plans. The girl did not want to listen to me”.

My son lived with his wife and child in a rented apartment, saved up to buy his own home. I saw how hard it was for him, I didn't want to put up with him being so young and exhausted. He became irritable, quickly tired. I saw all this when I visited them with my daughter-in-law and granddaughter.

Vera wanted to give birth to a child from Igor, so she will cope with her daughter herself. I took a paternity test and handed the results to Igor. He couldn't believe his daughter wasn't his, screaming, turning everything in his path. Faith in tears assured him that Yasya was his daughter, she had no one else. Igor left Vera, not fully understanding how to live on. She was everything he lived for.

Two years later, I introduced him to a friend’s daughter. They got married, but separated very quickly. Later he married another girl, with whom they lived for six months and also ran away. Igor is still single, a week ago he said that he met Vera in a cafe with his new husband and children.

“Mom, she has become even more beautiful and now she has a son. “Does my daughter look like me as much as possible?” – then I admitted that I forged a certificate in the clinic to protect him from the hardships of family life. I cried and apologized, and he left. My son stopped visiting me and started drinking a lot. I'm afraid he'll never visit me again or hug me. I ruined everything.

Tags

See also

New and interesting