For what baking any gypsy guest is ready to dance in front of the hostess

The variety of cakes that gypsy Galina can cook is pleasantly striking. However, my favorites remain. pan-cake. They are usually called placinds and are prepared in Moldova. But the dish is so simple and delicious that it has long spread around the world!

My grandmother lived on the border with Moldova. You wouldn’t believe it, but the village was visible from the window of our house. My grandmother was not a Moldovan, but she prepared such placinds several times a month. Well, they're very easy to prepare. It smells like that! The whole yard. I still remember a plate with a tall stack of beautiful fragrant placinds. It was so hard to wait until they got a little cold.

It's great that I found Galina's recipe and now I can make this kind of delicious. I would love to share a detailed recipe with you. And below you can find a video of the most talented gypsy.

The ingredients
  • 500g flour
  • 300ml boiling water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 bag of baking powder for dough
  • 6 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 100g butter
  • 3 tsp starch
  • 200g cottage cheese
  • 1 egg
  • greenery

Preparation
  1. First thing you do is boil the water. We need only 300 ml, where you need to immediately add a teaspoon of salt and 1 bag of baking powder. The resulting solution is immediately poured into a bowl with 500 g of flour.

2. Stir the dough with a spoon and do not forget to add one tablespoon of vegetable oil during the stirring process. Now you can continue to stir with your hand. The resulting dough should be divided into three parts, which need to "rest" for about 5 minutes.

3. Take a large flat plate and pour some oil into it. Lubricate each piece of dough with oil and roll a little, put it on a plate. When all three layers are rolled and oiled, lay them on top of each other and cover with film. They need to brew for about half an hour.

4. At this time, you can prepare the filling. It will need 200 grams of cottage cheese and a variety of greens to your taste. Spinach, dill and cilantro are best. They need to be washed, finely cut and mixed with slightly salted cottage cheese.

5. And now is the time for the most difficult step. Well lubricate the surface of the table and stretch the cake over its entire surface so that it becomes almost transparent. Tighten the edge with a roller.

6. Now take on your hand a little butter at room temperature and thoroughly lubricate the entire layer, trying to do it with patting movements so as not to break the dough. Take a container of starch and sprinkle it a little all over the surface. After that, fold the layer to half twice.

7. Sprinkle everything with cottage cheese and greens, but not too thick, and start rolling the dough into roulette.

8. Roulette roll into a "snail" and roll it a little roller. Repeat the procedure with all cakes, then lubricate them with an egg and send them to a pan or pan.

9. Warm the oven to 200 degrees. The cakes need no more than 35-40 minutes. Bon appetit!

It is so easy to prepare Moldovan placinds with cottage cheese and greens. If you prepare greenery for the future in the summer, then you can enjoy hot cakes at least all year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=s6nPKermK_4

Such placinds can be cooked with various fillings and even made sweet. Share the results of your efforts in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting