We have long wanted to cook sweet and sour sauce at home. But I could not find a suitable recipe, almost all was the vinegar and soy sauce, which I'm, to put it mildly, with great suspicion.
Tamarind — sour seasoning, tamarind tree fruit. Online large offer of this Eastern condiments, which is becoming more and more popular in Western countries, so I highly recommend to try this sauce.Ingredients:
- tamarind 50 grams.
- water 450 ml.
- dates, pitted 150 gr. (cut into pieces)
- sugar 2 teaspoons
- salt 1/2 teaspoon
- ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon
- paprika 1/4 teaspoon
- grated fresh ginger 1 tablespoon
1. Boil the tamarind in boiling water for 10 minutes. I put the entire piece, it was divided into parts only in water.
2. Filtered water with the tamarind through a sieve, wipe the entire pulp in water in a sieve remain seeds, fibers, in General, that does not pass through the mesh.
3. Now to the tamarind water add the remaining ingredients.
4. Cook over medium heat, without lid, for about 15-20 minutes.
5. In the end, I offered to work the immersion blender to the sauce became more homogeneous.
6. Serve with any fried snacks.
The sauce is really sour, sweet and spicy! Just a holiday flavor. Very well combined with grilled vegetables.
Cook with love!
Author: Rimma Khokhlova
P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©