Photographers and photos

Sometimes photographers become random witnessed tragic events, and they have to choose between professional and human duty. Every journalist is aware of the gravity of this choice. Afghan photographer Massoud Hosseini told "Lente.ru" as he unwittingly witnessed the terrorist attack that killed more than 70 people (December 6, 2011, a suicide bomber blew himself up at a mosque in Kabul). Photo of the Afghan girl screaming among the bloody corpses, Husseini received the Pulitzer Prize.

I shot the celebration of Ashura (the day of commemoration of Imam Hussein, who died a martyr's death - a comment. "Heathcliff!") In the mosque Abul Fazl, for the past ten years. I always do such shooting in Kabul and did not expect anything to happen. I saw the terrorist attacks in the past, but usually after the explosion, when you're prepared for the consequences and know what to do on the spot. Immediately I came to nothing prepared. Ashura - a religious event where you do a regular report. But what I saw there was awful. I was crying, I was just shaking, I was very scared.

I was standing with his back to the scene and remember only as something powerful hit me in the back. I fell and lost consciousness, and when I came, I felt like everything inside hurts from hitting the blast. Then I noticed that the left arm was bleeding, though it did not hurt. I got up and started to work. Around me were dead people. I was injured and he could not help others, so shoot going on around - it was the only thing I could do for these people. I realized that doing the right thing - it was not a job, and I am responsible.

I do not know what to say to people who did not understand anything that is happening in Afghanistan, accused me that if I was cashing in on someone else's blood. If I did not show what happened then, who would inform about it the rest of the people? The incident would have remained obscure another terrorist attack in Afghanistan. But that's about it blowing up the whole world knew suicide due to a single of my photos. I did the right thing, and I'm proud of that image. In the US, many say they heard about Afghanistan, because there are killed by American soldiers. But this attack was carried out by Muslims against Muslims, extremist Sunni group against the Shiites. This is the latest round of violence in the Islamic world, and this is even more painful. People just died for their faith.
Source Your text to link ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting