Why I no longer have the desire to invite guests to me and arrange magnificent feasts, ungrateful business

The last birthday, which I dared to celebrate in a large circle of family, ended very interestingly. One. surprise-guestWhen he got to the banquet, he asked, “Wouldn’t there be any mashed potatoes?” So, there was no food on my festive table that our people used to eat. That’s because I’m tired of cooking for a week and feeling like a horse on my birthday. You want to be a queen, not a servant.

So I told myself that I would no longer have dinner in my house until morning. And only so that the guests ate three weeks in advance and then suffered from extra pounds and heaviness in the stomach. And I want to rest more, not stand in the kitchen three outfits out of line. And before that, you have to buy everything, bring it home. Separately, you can mention how much money such a celebration goes into. And that's not counting the booze you get, too, more expensive and better.

It so happened that my last birthday coincided with a very stressful period in my life. And all the close and distant relatives decided that I should be congratulated on this birthday. Everyone wanted to come and congratulate them. Well, at least we managed to make a schedule so that everyone could come at the specified time. I thought for a long time what to cook and how to surprise the guests. After watching foreign films, I decided I would set the buffet.

When the guests arrived at my house, they were shocked. As it turned out, I was the first in our family to abandon the standard set of dishes in the form of mashed potatoes, olives and “Herrings under a fur coat”. On the table, they were waiting for light snacks, sandwiches and slicing. And there weren't a dozen chairs around the table so everyone could sit shoulder to shoulder. I left my chairs, brought some poofiks and let people walk and socialize. Fortunately, the dimensions of the apartment allowed to place everyone in separate corners of interest.

Despite all my fears that it will be boring, the birthday was celebrated. Everyone talked, and it turns out there were so many common topics to talk about. Someone separated into small groups and communicated exclusively on topics of interest. And I, as the true queen of the ball and the culprit of the celebration, fluttered among the guests with a smile on my face and received congratulations. And I looked absolutely normal, and my eyes did not run on plates that lacked something. I let myself relax and be happy.

After this incident in my family sharply reduced the number of feasts. This innovation was especially easy for young people. Yes, and invited more on the basis of common interests than because it is necessary. Who wants what? These questions remain a mystery. And what I've noticed is that basically, people are having less and less of a big party. After all, not only does it hit the family budget very hard, it also requires huge strength and health. And after such a feast, you regain strength until the next.

Someone with nostalgia in his voice will begin to remember: “But before the whole yard was going, and it was fun.” Yeah, that was fun. But times change, people change, interests change. And in our modern world, when everything is running at great speed, no longer want to spend a week of your life in the kitchen to please all relatives. Somehow people started thinking about themselves. Such a healthy selfishness in refusing the opportunity to please everyone and everything. That's my answer, surprised guest.

How are the celebrations in your family? Do you prefer to have noisy feasts or celebrate in a small family circle? Write in the comments how you like to mark you.

Tags

See also

New and interesting